Travel to Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

criedy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello Everyone,

I'm planning a trip to Belize in May and was wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with any dive operations, hotels and general advice. I'm going with my brother who is also an avid diver and my two parents who may snorkle.

I look forward to hearing from you!
Cheers,
Chris

There's a forum for that. This post is now there.

Haven't got time at the moment for a detailed reply (going diving!) but a lot depends on - well, on money. That and personal preferences. As it'll be a family trip, what sort of place/cost are your parents likely to want. Secluded or full of action? Luxury or more affordable? If it were just you and your brother (how old are you both, incidentally?) I would have made certain suggestions and I still might, but some of this basic info would be helpful.

Also, Belize may not be large but it has a number of distinct areas, offering completely different experiences. And there's lots more here to do other than diving - inland trips including visiting Mayan ruins, walking up underground rivers to ancient natural caverns, zip lining in the jungle, etc. Have a look at Belize Vacations, Tours, Resorts, News, Hotels, Travels, Flights, Weather, Maps, Real Estate to get more general info (there are maps there as well) then come back here with more specifics.

Chris,

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

As Peter said, it would help us to know where your destination, length of stay, budget and any interests in addition to scuba diving. Belize is a small country but still a big place, roughly the size of Massachusetts, with a ton of stuff to see and do.

In addition to the link Peter provided, you might want to check out this excellent travel book: Belize Insight Guide.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom