Traveling to San Pedro, Ambergris Caye Belize - June 15-22, 2013 ANYONE ELSE?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LeslieCJ

New
Reaction score
Hi all,

Grateful for all of the information I've gleaned after lurking for months on the boards. I'm traveling with my husband & 2 parents to San Pedro 6/15-6/22 and I'm finally getting down to the nitty gritty of planning our dives. After reading many threads on here, I'm very inclined to book all of our dives with ISLAND DIVERS BELIZE. Safety is our #1 concern and it sounds like Rudy runs a good operation.

Here's the problem - they need a minimum of 10 people to go out for the full day Blue Hole dive. There are only 4 of us (2 divers, 2 snorkelers) and I'm concerned that we won't have enough people to make the trip happen. Anyone else happen to be going during that time & interested in teaming up to make sure we have enough people to go out there?

My husband & I don't actually plan to dive the Blue Hole, we'll just snorkel. We aren't experienced enough to feel comfortable going that deep. And yes, I know there's not much to see but it's been a long time dream to go out there, so we're willing to spend the time & money to make it happen. Bucket list :wink:

And if you aren't going during that time, but can suggest another dive shop down there I would really appreciate it. I'd like to have a back up in case we can't meet the minimum for Rudy. I've been in touch with Amigos Del Mar but got a little freaked out after reading some of their trip advisor reviews. I don't want to be hearded into the water with shoddy equipment and too many people with too few DM's. Anyone have thoughts? Any good experiences with Amigos? Anyone dive with anyone recently down there & have a good experience? And if you're a dive operator down there, please feel free to chime in, too!

Appreciate any insight you can give me!

Leslie

Oh and one other question! We're there during lobsterfest, I believe. I personally have no interest in eating or hunting lobster, but my husband would love to do both. Any of you know of anyone who will take people out lobster diving? Are there operators who do that for tourists? Thanks!

Hi Leslie,

My wife and I and a good friend well be down from 6/18 till 7/2. She would love to snorkel it, and my buddy wants to dive it. Being newly certified I'm on the fence. We haven't chosen any dive oops yet, but I have had good interaction with Rudy.

I'd like to know the answer on lobster diving too. Maybe I'll make a new post about that by itself.

I am on my way down today. You can find me at BC's in evening.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom