Need Photo Dive Op on Ambergris Caye, Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FyshEye

Contributor
Reaction score
No matter where I am... I will always be there...
# of dives
2500 - 4999
My wife and I have planned a trip to Ambergris Caye in mid July. This will be our first trip to Belize. We are staying a Ramon's Village. I originally wanted to head south for the Whale Sharks, but our timing is in the middle of July and they will be all gone by then, so we elected to go north. Also, my wife isn't a diver and I thought she would get bored while I was gone diving.

I will be taking a DSLR Photo Kit with me on this trip. Are there any dive operations that cater to Photographers more than any others? It would be a real drag to spend XYZ amount of money on a dive trip and get stuck with a boat of non-photographer divers that might not have a lot of diving experience.

I will be shooting a mix of Wide and Macro. Any suggestions on dive spots? Beside Hol Chan, Great Blue Hole and Shark Ray Alley and the outer atolls, any other dive sites that are recommended? I heard that heading north towards the Mexico Boarder on Ambergris Caye is better?

Recently I have heard and read about a few dive operations on AC that have recently been tarnished reputations. I am more then a little concerned about Amigos Del Mar. If the reports are true, then having a sexual predator on your staff might not be good for business. Link: Amigos Del Mar Dive Shop: Sexual Assault SB/Troubling Incident in San Pedro, Ambergris Caye.

Also, as far as I have read Amigos Del Mar is/was the recommended operation to hire to go to the Blue Hole. Most of the other dive op’s contract with Amigos Del Mar to take their clients to the Great Blue Hole.

Any advice, suggestions and recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Reach out to Elbert Greer at White Sands Dive shop.

http://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
[email]elbertgreer@fastmail.fm
[/EMAIL]

White Sands is north of the bridge from where you'll be staying at Ramon's but they'll probably be able to send a boat for you. Elbert is a fairly passionate photographer and could point you in the right direction if he doesn't offer anything through his shop.

I can't comment on the incident with Amigos. I've been on their Blue Hole trip and thought they were an acceptable dive shop. I prefer diving with White Sands more though, smaller boats, more time under water, less hurry, etc.. etc.. etc... If you do any diving with White Sands, see if you can get a trip with Carlos as your DM. Really good, fun guy.

-ron

Reach out to Elbert Greer at White Sands Dive shop.

http://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
elbertgreer@fastmail.fm

White Sands is north of the bridge from where you'll be staying at Ramon's but they'll probably be able to send a boat for you. Elbert is a fairly passionate photographer and could point you in the right direction if he doesn't offer anything through his shop.

I can't comment on the incident with Amigos. I've been on their Blue Hole trip and thought they were an acceptable dive shop. I prefer diving with White Sands more though, smaller boats, more time under water, less hurry, etc.. etc.. etc... If you do any diving with White Sands, see if you can get a trip with Carlos as your DM. Really good, fun guy.

-ron

Thanks Ron,

I appreciate you getting back to me and giving me feed back.
I prefer diving with White Sands more though, smaller boats, more time under water, less hurry, etc.. etc.. etc...
This is my style of diving... I am never in a big hurry when I dive.

~Cheers~

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom