Thoughts on solo trip to glovers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pyro_

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am going to be traveling solo to Belize the first week of sept and was considering staying at glovers atoll resort. Any thoughts on going there solo? Also has anyone one been there recently and if yes what did you think?

If I don't end up there I am leaning towards going back to caye caulker and diving with BDS again which I might do anyways after the time at glovers as I still have time afterwards to work with.

I should also note hat I do t have any issues with how rustic it would be on glovers it would still be better than the solo camping trips hat I normally end up doing up here in canada

I don't recall seeing a trip report here on Glover's Atoll Resort. So if you go, please publish one.

I don't have any experience with that particular resort on Glover's, but I did stay at Isla Marisol on Glover's this past March (and Caye Caulker this past January). I'd caution you to check with the resort if they have "minimum" diver requirements for dives, particularly those to some of the further dive locations (Turneffe's, Lighthouse/Blue Hole, etc.). If your resort doesn't have enough divers wanting to do those dives (or any dives), then you're out of luck. You won't face those problems, or at least not nearly as often, staying on Caye Caulker.

I know they list min 6 divers for the blue hole trip but since I am not really all that interested in doing it that will not be an issue

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom