Ambergris Dive Operator Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Neil1

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Could some please recommend a good dive shop in Ambergris Caye?

Going there in January 2015 for Jerry Jeff Walker's Camp Belize and staying at Corona Del Mar. This will be our first trip to AC. We are a group of 3 divers with 1 PADI Instructor and 2 Divemasters. All very experienced divers.

Looking for small dive boat/groups that cater to experienced divers and offer mutli dive day discounts. I cant seem to find a diver center that offers dive packages on their web site and the diving seems much more expensive than what we dive in Cozumel.

Also, check out these two: Island Divers and Chuck & Robbie's

Neil1,

Just wondering if you can say more about what you mean when you say "cater to experienced divers?" Different folks who consider themselves experienced may be looking for different things. For me that would mean being able to dive a reasonable amount of time based on my computer and not having to come up right at a specific time. Others may have different criteria.

Thanks!

jlevine,
I don't want to be put on a boat with a bunch of newbies. I want to dive my computer limits. I don't need a baby sitter. Something exciting!

---------- Post added December 27th, 2014 at 04:44 PM ----------

I sent you an email.
Thanks for your help!

Hi Neil1,

Thanks for clarifying that. I hope my question didn't come across badly. I am genuinely interested in how it goes for you and am interested in which shop you use.

After your trip, I'd like to find out how it went. I usually come during slow season because I like things a little quieter. The drawback is that there are fewer divers. If there are enough people, Ecologic adds more DMs and groups divers by skill level. Sometimes, though, it just doesn't work out that way because of the low numbers and there's only one DM. In that case, I sometimes end up coming up with more air than I'd like.

Thanks again!

Just dove for a week with Chuck and Robbie's. Loved them! Great dive asters, newer equipment that was all in good condition and a bigger dive boat. Would dive with them again!

I sent you an email on the 26 but never got a response?

I'm just back from a 10 day trip to Ambergris Caye. My wife and I dived 7 days with White Sands- Yobubba's operation.

We had a great experience. It is a well run operation with good DMs and in the right location to get easy access to a number of the best reefs. (I could dive Tackle Box every day and never get bored).

White Sands' DMs take safety seriously but not stamping on our fun either. Pretty much we gave them an idea of what we were in the mood for and they accommodated. I'd definitely dive with them again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom