T-minus two days!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cmneus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
We leave for Belize on Saturday! Staying on Caye Caulker and diving with Belize Diving Services. Super excited to see Lighthouse Atoll, Turneffe Atoll, Half Moon Caye and to see how the diving is on the barrier reef around Caye Caulker. :) Whooohoooo! Also, I've read a lot of bad things about the Blue Hole but it has mesmerized me since I was a little girl. Photos of it spiked my interest in what lies beneath the surface and I became obsessed with the underwater world, it's what made me NEED to learn to dive. At the time I had no idea it was just a hole with nothing in it to see but just being there will be something special for me.

The good news is that's there's plenty to see in the Blue Hole.

You'll probably pass through a halocline. You'll probably see sharks, including some hammer heads. You'll see some awesome stalactites, as big as a bus. You'll see sheer cliff walls going down as far as the viz will let you.

The only bad news is that you won't be down there nearly long enough.

So you'll just have to go back.

Have fun!

Write a trip report. Include lots of topside photos of Caye Caulker.

Oh, one thing you won't see from the surface is the Blue Hole. From the boat, it looks just like regular ocean water, not like the shots you see from the air.

So excited for you! Please post us a nice long trip report when you get back!

Hey! I'm back..it was amazing....I'll put together a trip report soon! :0) I thought the Blue Hole was awesome even though we didn't see a single shark there (I did two dives there). I figured I wouldn't be able to see it well being right there on top of it, I could see the curve of it which was enough for me!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom