Recommendation for Dive Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BARdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looking for recommendations for full service dive resorts in Belize. I’ll have a group of 15 – 20 divers going to Belize in about 8 months. We have done several trips and really like resorts that have their own dive operation on site. Would like all inclusive but not a deal breaker.

Hmmm.

Belize is a small country but still a big place. Think Massachusetts.

Have you narrowed down the geography? Each region has its charms.

Looking for recommendations for full service dive resorts in Belize. I’ll have a group of 15 – 20 divers going to Belize in about 8 months. We have done several trips and really like resorts that have their own dive operation on site. Would like all inclusive but not a deal breaker.

I can recommend Turneffe Island Resort. We have been there 4 times and they are an AI with dive op on site. A great getaway for sure.

Bill

How long is the group staying (I'm guessing a week, but please confirm), and how important are non-diving activities? Are they going to want to hit the Mayan ruins, etc…? Are many non-divers (e.g.: spouses) going?

Richard.

Downing, it's a dive trip so I'm thinking one of the northern Islands, need to get to the Blue Hole once.

drrich2, yes looking at a week trip. Maybe 1 or 2 non- divers, but it's a dive trip. Our non- divers didn't go to Bonaire or Roatan and did survive Grand Cayman and Cozumel. I think we've all seen Mayan Ruins.

bsppc, I'll check out the resort.

Check out Hamanasi. It's south, in Hopkins. I've been there once, for a week, and it's the resort I judge all other dive resorts. Their scuba operation is excellent and safe. They won't take divers past their experience level and they won't get anyone in deco in the Blue Hole.

http://www.hamanasi.com

If by northern islands you mean Ambergris Caye, pronounced "key" as in Florida Keys, this is the most popular island so it's built for tourists and there are a ton of places to choose from. I've never been there, but you should get many recommendations here from all those who have.

If by northern islands you mean the Turneffe Atoll, there are several resorts that could handle your group and meet your criteria for all inclusive with their own dive ops and a day trip to the Blue Hole: Turneffe Island Resort, Turneffe Flats, and Blackbird Caye Resort. All three started off as fishing lodges that have morphed into scuba diving/fishing resorts. I've stayed at TIR a couple of times and loved it. I think BCR is the cheapest, although not cheap. All three would pick up your group up the airport and shuttle you to their respective cayes, pronounced "keys" as in Florida Keys, by boat.

Hamanasi Adventure & Dive Resort is another option. Further south and on the mainland, so you'd have to take a puddle jumper from the airport to Hopkins. No big deal, about a twenty minute flight and a great view of country and water. I'm not sure if they run a trip to the Blue Hole, but I wouldn't be surprised.

And another option, and probably the most cost effective on my list, would be to head another 10 minutes south to Placencia, my personal favorite. Not an island, but a tiny peninsula that feels like one. If you go that route, I'd recommend Splash Dive Center. Lots of hotels to choose from, and Splash would pick you up and drop you off every day. Patty Ramirez, operator, could help you with accommodations. One of the many times I was there Splash was hosting a group about your size from Idaho. I went to their farewell party, and they all raved about how much they enjoyed it. Splash will definitely run a Blue Hole trip, maybe even an overnight one where they do a "Best of Belize" dive package and hit the hot spots on the way up and back.

And another island resort to consider would be Hatchet Key Resort. I've never stayed there but I've passed by it many times on my way to the Silk Cayes and it looks pretty nice. I think you probably have to fly into Placencia to get there, and I'm sure they would make the arrangements for you. No clue about the Blue Hole but with a group this large I don't see why not.

You probably know this, but you're headed to Belize during the high season so with a group this large you should start nailing down your reservations pretty soon.

We dove with Hugh Parkey's from their private island resort. Absolute fun and charm. With 20 divers, you would own the island! Welcome to Hugh Parkey's Belize Adventures
HAve fun wherever you choose!

I've seen a couple adds for Sunbreeze Hotel, no one has mentioned it. Is there something I should know?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom