Belize Aggressor Solo Diver Special

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KathyV

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just came across this special and posted it here in case any single divers are interested:

Aggressor Fleet and Dancer Fleet - Luxury LiveAboard Diving
Save $700 Solo Traveler Week

Belize Aggressor III Aug 29 - Sept 5, 2015
This is a great opportunity to have a good time and meet other divers who are single travelers. You can rest when you want, dive when you want, there is never a problem finding a dive buddy.

Book and deposit on a new reservation starting June 27th, 2015 and save $700. Money saving specials and other discounts do not apply.

Took a look. Couldn't find a price.

I am strongly considering this as a person that can never find a dive buddy to go with me on a trip.

Took a look. Couldn't find a price.

You would probably have to contact them to find out the price. Normally their single supplement (with a guaranteed private room) is an extra 65% on top of the double occupancy rate - but I don't know what they are charging for this single diver special, except $700 off.

CONTACT INFORMATION:
hrz-line.gif

Aggressor Fleet & Dancer Fleet
209 Hudson Trace
Augusta, GA 30907 USA

Phone: +1 706-993-2531
Toll Free: 1 800-348-2628 (US & CAN)
Fax: 1 706-737-7690

Email: info@aggressor.com

---------- Post added July 1st, 2015 at 06:20 AM ----------

I am strongly considering this as a person that can never find a dive buddy to go with me on a trip.

Good luck! You might find a buddy in the same situation that would be interested in meeting up for future trips.

No need.

When I went on the Sun Dancer 2, I went alone, and they simply put me in a room with somebody. Was not a big deal. Sure, a private room is nice, but for crying out loud, it wasn't worth a 65% up charge. And I didn't need any 'special solo trip' to get it.

So, I assume this special is just your trip, + 65%, - $700, if you insist on a private room.

Richard.

I think normally liveaboards have a policy where they put singles in the room at the regular price as long as they are willing to have a same-sex roomie. If there isn't another single on the same trip, you end up in a private cabin. If you insist on having the room to yourself, then you pay the upcharge, which is pretty heavy.

I think normally liveaboards have a policy where they put singles in the room at the regular price as long as they are willing to have a same-sex roomie. If there isn't another single on the same trip, you end up in a private cabin. If you insist on having the room to yourself, then you pay the upcharge, which is pretty heavy.
Correct. I have had my own 'private room' at no extra cost on 5 occasions because there was no one available to share.

There is a third option, which usually depends on the decision of the senior divemaster on the boar and/or the captain after you are all on-board. If there is a room completely free while you are sharing with another diver, you can ask the DM if you can have that room and negotiate an additional price. Usually this is around US$100 but of course your former roommate then gets his/her solo occupation for free. I took advantage of this on the MV Nautica during my Nov 2011 trip in Phuket.

Great plan Hintermann, but why not work it out with the roommate first? Get the roomie to pony up for half. :wink: I'd definitely take that deal!

Great plan Hintermann, but why not work it out with the roommate first? Get the roomie to pony up for half.
You know, I had never thought of that! I still have 4 liveaboard trips to do before retiring from diving and let is see how it works out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom