Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pris wiblin

Registered
Reaction score
We're going to Ambergrise Caye for a week in November. Considering Belize Beach Resort. My main concern is getting an excellent -helpful-safe-divemaster to dive with. Any words of wisdom from anyone about who is outstanding? Or what hotel to stay in so we get a great divemaster. We have all levels going on the trip incl. a 65 yr old new diver!

Hello and welcome to Scubaboard! May I suggest that you post your question in the Central and S. America Forum<<click here) to get the best possible responses. It may not get seen by as many people who could help you being posted here in the Introduction Forum. Enjoy your trip and post a trip report when you return.

Welcome to the board!

Joe

pris wiblin:
We're going to Ambergrise Caye for a week in November. Considering Belize Beach Resort. My main concern is getting an excellent -helpful-safe-divemaster to dive with. Any words of wisdom from anyone about who is outstanding? Or what hotel to stay in so we get a great divemaster. We have all levels going on the trip incl. a 65 yr old new diver!
Howdy!

I just want to join the others in welcoming you to SB. Hope to get to know you around the forums. Be sure to check out our various forums.

Scott is right about checking out the Cent America forum, but I was there for a week in June. Had awful experiences with Aqua Divers and their junky boats. but my one day with Pro Tech was super. Very professional staff, nice boats, and their new luxury boat for channel crossings to the Blue Hole was coming along nicely when I was there. Think it went into service last month. Tell the boss, Ronnie, Howdy for me, will ya'?

Oh yes, there's a chance of Hurricanes, so I'd do trip insurance, and check the NOAA warnings the day before.

Completing your Profile and seperately - keeping your Dive Info up to date helps in future diving discussions. PM me if I can help you learn your way around.

don
:wink:

:sunny Hi there pris wiblin! My name is Matt. Welcome to Scuba Board! I came here looking for help with my diving dream. I’ve met a lot of nice divers and many helpful divers too. I think you will get the information you need from SB. I look forward to reading more of your posts about your diving adventures. If you’d like to chat, please PM me.

-Matt-

pris wiblin,

I did a trip to Belize in July with a group of Venturers and we had a great time. We did 5 days jungle trekking/caving in the Cayo district and 5 days diving off Ambergrise Caye.

Maya Walk looked after us for the jungle side of the trip and we used ProTech for the diving. Both firms are first class and I would use them again. We stayed at the Mayan Princess in San Pedro and ProTech was nice enough to motor down to pick us up each morning and take us back to their dock for the diving. ProTech's personnel are very friendly and knowledgeable and their equipment is modern and well maintained.

Belize was a blast - I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Bob

I just got back from Ambergris Caye... My suggestion as far as DMs go is Amigos Del Mar. I am a DM here in California, and I can tell you these guys are great!!! Very safe! If you ask locals on the Island, most will tell you this. The other operator I went out with was Ambergris divers... also, very good! If you do the full day trip to the Blue Hole, I would go with Amigos Del Mar. They have a nice 48' boat.

Amigos Del Mar is one of the best dive shops I've ever dove with. The groups are pretty small avg 6-8 divers per boat, the divemasters are fun and knowledgeable, the service is excellent. Every single one of my tanks had more than 3000 psi. I also noticed that everytime I put on my BCD, they had reset my analog "max depth" needle. little things like that that added up to a great dive experience. I dove over 30 dives with them in May and they gave me their discounted rates- took very good care of me and my 2 buddies. Both the Blue Hole and the Turneffe trips are worth it. And ask them to take you to Eagle canyon to see some eagle rays... they DMs will meet you about 15 minutes earlier than usual so you can be the first boat in the water.. we did 2 dives and saw 2 schools of 10-15 eagle rays.. and lots of single swimmers.. awesome.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom