Three days from cruise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CNYMAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We posted this question on the cruise forum with no response. Is it worth diving for 3 days while we are in bermuda on a cruise ship? We don't want to pack all of our equipment if it's a silly idea. Thank you!

I'm going on the same cruise (Summit to Bermuda leaving June 28) and was planning to dive one day, maybe two, if I can get back early enough that my family doesn't feel abandoned. I'll be with my non-diving wife and two young kids. I'm just starting to search around for threads on dive ops and sites. Will post link here if I find anything useful.

Steve

Is that a big ship? If so you'll likely dock at Kings/Heritage Wharf. Fantasea is across the street from the entrance.
https://www.fantasea.bm/

I've also heard of Blue Water Divers. Probably requires a taxi ride but I don't think Bermuda is a very big island. Blue Water Divers & Watersports (Bermuda)

I have not been there but we almost were a few years ago. Cheap flights but on-island prices drove us elsewhere since I travel a lot with a dive club.

If you like wreck dives, they've got about 300 of them...

I have never taken a cruise so can't help you that part of your question. I have been to Bermuda before and we are heading back in July for a short vacation and a couple days of diving. You will likely be over by the Dockyard and diversteve mentioned the op there. Blue Waters is the next closest and about a 15-20 min taxi ride away. Dove 2 days with Bluewater in 2009, one good day one not so good, the different crews on different days making the difference. Enjoyed the diving both days. Dove the Hermes and Mary Celestia wrecks. This trip I am diving with Triangle as they are onsite to where we are staying. There is a lot to see and do on Bermuda, with diving being only one of those activities. If you are going to dive in 3 days, check water temps as in May they are warming up but can be in the 70's. Enjoy your trip.

We've booked Wednesday afternoon and Thursday and Friday morning dives with Dive Bermuda. You are welcome to join us.

We posted this question on the cruise forum with no response. Is it worth diving for 3 days while we are in bermuda on a cruise ship? We don't want to pack all of our equipment if it's a silly idea. Thank you!

My wife really like to cruise. I really like to dive. So, we go on a few cruises every year and I dive on most of the cruises. I take my own stuff because I'm familiar with it. I know where everything is and don't have to fumble around with controls due to unfamiliar gear.

If you've got the room / weight in your luggage, take your own stuff.

Jim

We've booked Wednesday afternoon and Thursday and Friday morning dives with Dive Bermuda. You are welcome to join us.

Be sure to arrange transportation to their shop, as it is a bit of a ride from the cruise ship docks.
I've had many great dives with Dive Bermuda, on trips spanning many years.
Enjoy your vacation.

Hi all:

I am going on the Celebrity Summitt 8/2 and would like to do some diving. Is Fantasea the obvious choice? I don't like idea of a cab ride to a distant shop. They tell me for Friday 8/7 I'll need to book through the cruise line and, being the last day, that's fine with me. I'd like to get 2 other dives in, perhaps Wednes 8/5. My last dive was in Gr Cayman at the Kittewake and that was magnificent for a first time wreck dive. Suggestions?

When are you scheduled to arrive in Bermuda - date/time?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom