Zodiac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jfproul

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am planning of gettin a Zodiac but I need advice on the lenght
of the boat for 2 divers with equipment .... is 14 feet enough or
too much.... I know its never too much but extra space is always
welcome.

thanks for your advice

I had a bombard c-4, 13'9"(black heavy duty, aluminum floor) with a 30hp nissan and it was NICE! Bigger is most always better but this little number ran rivers and Bering sea swells with ease and could bust through breaking surf fearlessly. More than two was a crowd and power became an issue with 3-4 on board. But for a minimalistic, no frills dive platform that is as capable as something twice its size offshore, I'd recommend a 14'.

I have a 13'9" zodiac... I've had 4 freedivers on it with no problem, but 3 tank divers would probably be close to the limit. That being said i'm sure i'll have 4 on it with my new 25... just upgraded from 15 to 25 hp...

I used to have a 14 ft zodiac with a 35 hp motor..took it to the keys several time and ran offshore..no problem with up to 4 divers in it w/8 tanks on the deck..able to plane to sites.

We regularly run with 3 divers in our 16' Zodiac.... 3 sets of doubles, deco bottles, and whatnot. It's full, but not uncomfortable and the boat moves along very well.

thanks guys ... I ' ll look around for a 14' should be good for 2.

Back
Top Bottom