Flag Pole

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WVDiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Recently purchased a 24' Pontoon boat specially designed for diving. I have initiated some searches for boat flag poles without much success.

Does anyone know where I could purchase an easily collapsible flag pole that will extend well above the canopy of the vessel? About 10’. Obviously the flags will not be flying all the time so being able to quickly and easily mount and remove the flags (dive flag and alpha flag) are paramount.

Put it up the VHF antenna maybe. N

donnyb:
Made mine of PVC, and used plastic PVC end cap & conduit straps to hold it up.

Well, I have been contemplating making my own, but I was hoping with so many pontoon boats out there that some enterprising person had already banged out the rough spots for me and had come up with something aesthetically pleasing.

The flag poles I have found in my research, which are many and varied, none are designed to carry more than one flag at a time. Go figure.

PVC is a good idea and I had thought of using it too, I just wish it wasn’t white. I guess it does come in a cream color or at least I have seen the off white color in the smaller diameter pieces. It would be easy enough to make it telescopic and mounting wouldn't be difficult.

Thanks for the suggestion, are the there any other ideas out there?

Hi there.
I know in Marietta, OH, there's a flag store , American Flags and Poles on Front street opposite the Post Office. They have a large selection of flagpoles and flags (land and marine) and can probably get something ordered for you if they don't have it in stock. Their number is 740 373 4262. If they can't mail something out to you, let me know as we do dive occasionally in your neck of the woods : Mt Storm, Tygart, etc, and could carry something down for you.

speedhound:
Hi there.
I know in Marietta, OH, there's a flag store , American Flags and Poles on Front street opposite the Post Office. They have a large selection of flagpoles and flags (land and marine) and can probably get something ordered for you if they don't have it in stock. Their number is 740 373 4262. If they can't mail something out to you, let me know as we do dive occasionally in your neck of the woods : Mt Storm, Tygart, etc, and could carry something down for you.

Just so happens that I will be in Parkersburg all next week so I called these guys and they think they have something that will work for me. I will try to get some time to stop in there and see them. Thanks for the help. I'll let you know if I find what I am looking for there.

donnyb:
I used dark grey conduit pvc.

Hey your right, I forgot about the gray colored pvc. Thanks

There are a variety of flag holders in most marine catalogs. A fiberglass shaft should be easy to find, often used as snow poles and sold in hardware stores. Usually about four feet long. N

Back
Top Bottom