zodiac F470

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaAndDreams

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I have an older F470 that has the speed tubes. Is there any practical way to check if the speed tubes are leaking. Half of the tube is covered by materials, which makes the tube inaccessible and you cant check if there is a leak. I am suspecting a leak in one of my speed tubes and it's cramping my diving style.

Thanks

I am thinking that you could either flip it over and smear dishwashing soap over each tube and watch for bubbles or take into the water and dive under it and look for bubbles. Hope that helps.

I forgot to mention, If you fly me to Hawaii, I will find the leak.

All I have left of my F470 is the aluminum roll up floor. I used to use a garden sprayer filled with soapy water to look for leaks. Pinholes fizzed up and larger holes had big bubbles. Don't forget to check the Shraeder valves. You could have a bad mushroom valve or a bad hose leading to the speed tubes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom