Hydraulic Ladder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jared0425

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I did not find this subject in the search criteria.

Over in the UK, I see many dive boats have hydraulic or electric ladders that hoist divers up. I have been trying to get plans or someone who knows about them here in the US, but with no avail. Can anyone help?

SWIM PLATFORMS - Florida Bow Thrusters

This was the only one that came up quick. I'd guess if you did a search for UK dive operations and asked them who outfitted their vessels you may come up with some answers.

I am a volunteer with the Monterey Bay Veterans working on their Lift to Freedom Project. We are doing final sea trials on it next month, weather permitting. The big hang-up in the US is the Coast Guard regulations are pretty cumbersome for an “inspected vessel”. Our travel is deck level to -4' like most of the UK lifts, but is much larger to accommodate all kinds of different disabilities.

There is only one operating on a commercial dive boat I know of in the US, which is a six-pack so doesn’t fall under the same regulations as an “inspected vessel”.

Under Pressure Charters

[video=youtube;RxhOKYLK7tI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxhOKYLK7tI[/video]

Here are some images of the Lift to Freedom. The first image is not fully extended:

Attachments

• L2F Test Divers.jpg
    L2F Test Divers.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 297
  • freedomportsternSea.jpg
    freedomportsternSea.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 301
  • Freedom Launch.jpg
    Freedom Launch.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 300
  • DDP Up - Fwd Source.jpg
    DDP Up - Fwd Source.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 305
  • DDP Down -Source.jpg
    DDP Down -Source.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 298
  • DDP-Underwater Source.jpg
    DDP-Underwater Source.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 276
  • DDP Up - Aft Source.jpg
    DDP Up - Aft Source.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 308
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I did not find this subject in the search criteria.

Over in the UK, I see many dive boats have hydraulic or electric ladders that hoist divers up. I have been trying to get plans or someone who knows about them here in the US, but with no avail. Can anyone help?

A friend of mine in Cape May NJ just built one for his boat. Its pretty awesome. JT barker also has one. I think they will start to pick up momemtum but I dont believe anyone commercially makes them as they are kind of a custom "one off" sort of thing.

I would add one in a heartbeat but I fish when we are not diving and the elevator would get in the way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom