Bass boat use as a "dive boat"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Relocating to South Carolina shortly (month or two), will have a bass boat and thought I might be able to get some dual use out of it on the freshwater lakes. Anybody else dive off their bass boat? Suggestions on rigging, anchoring, storage, flags, and what not would be appreciated. Boat

Mount some of the plastic fold down tank holders in it. I don't rember the brand. Rig a ladder or swim step of some kind over the side so you don't have to climb up on the motor. Should work out just fine.

I live in coastal South Carolina but have been diving all over and in every kind of boat possible. Bass boat will be fine. Take notes as you go and make up things that will work for you and your boat. Ladders are okay, but are one more thing you'll have to store. Bass boats have pretty low free-board so rig yourself a line off the stern with a couple of brass suicide hooks and a bouy. When you're ready to get back in the boat, hook your vest/tank rig to one of the hooks (remove your wt belt first if you use a belt and drop it into the boat) leave your fins and mask on, grab the gunwhale with both hands and do a power kick over the side and into the boat...real simple. What part of central SC? There are a few lakes, couple of rivers but the coastal area is where it's at. Don't expect the viz you had in Guam.

Thanks for the replies. I'll be in the Sumter area. Where is the closest place in Florida some for some decent shore dives? I was hoping there'd be some quarries or something close by to dive in. Supposedly Lake Murray in Columbia is decent from what I've read/heard. Any info on diving in that area would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Boat

Boat:
Relocating to South Carolina shortly (month or two), will have a bass boat and thought I might be able to get some dual use out of it on the freshwater lakes. Anybody else dive off their bass boat? Suggestions on rigging, anchoring, storage, flags, and what not would be appreciated. Boat
I rigged up my "Walleye Deep V" boat for diving & it works ok. Mounted 4 "roll control" tank racks on a section of angle alumium that set in the 2 back pedistal seat bases. Mounted a "Windline" 4 step removable dive ladder on the rear. Hang 4 lines with clips from the cleats for attaching BC's, spear guns etc.

My boat is 19' & is pretty crowded even with just 2 divers & equip.

Terry

Sorry for the double post

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom