Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flag Pole

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    500 - 999
    Photos

Flag Pole

Recently purchased a 24' Pontoon boat specially designed for diving. I have initiated some searches for boat flag poles without much success.

Does anyone know where I could purchase an easily collapsible flag pole that will extend well above the canopy of the vessel? About 10’. Obviously the flags will not be flying all the time so being able to quickly and easily mount and remove the flags (dive flag and alpha flag) are paramount.
    A series of unrecognized mistakes does not constitute experience.

I'm a NMOF and proud of it.

Solo Diver

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    Photos
    Made mine of PVC, and used plastic PVC end cap & conduit straps to hold it up.

Defender!

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    None - Not Certified
    Photos
    Put it up the VHF antenna maybe. N

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    500 - 999
    Photos
    Quote Originally Posted by donnyb
    Made mine of PVC, and used plastic PVC end cap & conduit straps to hold it up.
    Well, I have been contemplating making my own, but I was hoping with so many pontoon boats out there that some enterprising person had already banged out the rough spots for me and had come up with something aesthetically pleasing.

The flag poles I have found in my research, which are many and varied, none are designed to carry more than one flag at a time. Go figure.

PVC is a good idea and I had thought of using it too, I just wish it wasn’t white. I guess it does come in a cream color or at least I have seen the off white color in the smaller diameter pieces. It would be easy enough to make it telescopic and mounting wouldn't be difficult.

Thanks for the suggestion, are the there any other ideas out there?

- Please tell me when
    I'm having fun!

Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos
    Hi there.
    I know in Marietta, OH, there's a flag store , American Flags and Poles on Front street opposite the Post Office. They have a large selection of flagpoles and flags (land and marine) and can probably get something ordered for you if they don't have it in stock. Their number is 740 373 4262. If they can't mail something out to you, let me know as we do dive occasionally in your neck of the woods : Mt Storm, Tygart, etc, and could carry something down for you.
    "What doesn't destroy me makes me stronger." - Nietzsche

Diver128, NDAC, UK. 10/1/09

Treat every day like your dog would: If you can't eat it or hump it, just p#ss on it and walk away.

Solo Diver

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    Photos
    I used dark grey conduit pvc.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

I use a 1" diameter wooden dowel painted white an stick into my fishing rod holders.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    500 - 999
    Photos
    Quote Originally Posted by speedhound
    Hi there.
    I know in Marietta, OH, there's a flag store , American Flags and Poles on Front street opposite the Post Office. They have a large selection of flagpoles and flags (land and marine) and can probably get something ordered for you if they don't have it in stock. Their number is 740 373 4262. If they can't mail something out to you, let me know as we do dive occasionally in your neck of the woods : Mt Storm, Tygart, etc, and could carry something down for you.
    Just so happens that I will be in Parkersburg all next week so I called these guys and they think they have something that will work for me. I will try to get some time to stop in there and see them. Thanks for the help. I'll let you know if I find what I am looking for there.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    500 - 999
    Photos
    Quote Originally Posted by donnyb
    I used dark grey conduit pvc.
    Hey your right, I forgot about the gray colored pvc. Thanks

Defender!

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    None - Not Certified
    Photos
    There are a variety of flag holders in most marine catalogs. A fiberglass shaft should be easy to find, often used as snow poles and sold in hardware stores. Usually about four feet long. N

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast