closed on my new boat! I think I hit th jackpot with this one! 42 Wesmac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

manni-yunk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We have been diving my 33' Bertram for a number of years. I also had a 33' HS CC for a few and dove it some. Both had their strengths and weaknesses. One was fast but uncomfortable - the other is comfortable and perfect for trolling - but not great for diving. After diving on a few friends boats I came to the conclusion that a DE style or Chesapeake style boat would be perfect in my area (NJ) for diving, fishing, and family trips. I started looking a few years ago and could find what I wanted and since I already had a fish rigged/dive rigged boat - I was in no rush.

I looked at possibly having a boat built - but the cost turned out to be astronomical and I didn't want a giant loan.

Last year I was invited to dive a few times with a friend on his boat. He had a 42 Wesmac built in 2003 with the purpose of diving. He used it a lot early on but over the last couple seasons the boat didn't get used a lot. He called me earlier this year asking if I was interested in his boat and I jumped at the chance.

I am now the owner of a 2003 42' Wesmac with:

3406E Cat at 800HP
14KW Generator
Hydraulic system to run the anchor capstan and Scuba Compressor which is a 8.5CFM Mako
AC/Heat
DEEP T style ladder with walk through transom
4 berths in the forward cabin
Large galley down
large head with separate stand up stall shower roon
Large 200+ Sq Ft cockpit
Large bench seating for 6 in the cabin
Dinette for 4 in the cabin

and much much more.

This boat is faster than my Bert while burning about the same amount of fuel - and is more stable on the drift and anchor. It is already professionally dive rigged and needs only a small amount of additions to fish her as well.

I could not be more excited! The engine maintenance is almost done (Cat 1000 hr service) and the bottom job is done. All I need now is to wrap up the compound and waxing then renaming - and she will be back in the water and diving!!!! Then add some outriggers and Im all set!!!!!

Name change pending also.

Attachments

• Wesmac at Dock2.JPG
    Wesmac at Dock2.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 572
  • Wes outside.jpg
    Wes outside.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 524
  • Wes Prop Rudder done.JPG
    Wes Prop Rudder done.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 462
  • Wesmac interior shot.jpg
    Wesmac interior shot.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 495
  • Wes bench starboard.jpg
    Wes bench starboard.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 456
  • Wes dinette.jpg
    Wes dinette.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 443
Looks nice! Sounds like time for a little drive south. Got some tanks you want too.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.

congratulations! If I ever try to dive in NJ again, I hope it is in a boat like that.

The down eastern is my favorite style. Hope to own one just like it some day. What is the beam on it?

14.5 feet. Its wide.

---------- Post added August 4th, 2014 at 11:04 AM ----------

Ah, one of the two happiest days...:wink:

People always say that, but I have not found it to be true.

The Bertram was bitter sweat to sell and not one of the happiest days.

The Wesmac has been more and more fun all the time.

So what will her new name be?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom