All West Apartments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bkpix

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anyone stayed at All West Apartments recently? Booked a stay there for this coming August before reading any of the posts on the forum. The last post was for nearly three years ago, but there seemed to be some problems. I'm wondering if anyone knows if those problems have been fixed.

Info on nearby places to eat would be great too.

Thanks, BK

I thought the post was going to appear in the ABC travel forum so I didn't include the info that the All West Apartments I am interested in are in Curacao. Who kno;ws how many All West Apts. are out there somewhere.

Thanks

The apartments themselves are basic, but the view and location to good diving is 5 star. We thought it was a great overall value. We had one minor problem with a leaky faucet, but it was no big deal. Andreas was a tremendous help through the week and we met a lot of nice people to socialize with.

One tip - bring a bunch of zip lock bags for food storage. There are tiny ants that will find food faster than you can blink (this is a problem throughout the tropics....not just at All West).

We ate at Sol Food twice (aka Sunshine's place). Great pizza and a better hostess. We also ate at the Kura Hulanda restaurant - good food but on the pricey side. Many folks swear by Jaanchie's, but we did not go there.

Sunshine here. David and I have a vacation apartment for rent but in Westpunt we are not competitors but neighbors. Things work out. First the diving is great all over the island but we prefer it "out west". Most of the tourists here are either divers, snorkelers or people who generally love to be in the country. Then....for accommodations there is The Lodge Kura Hulanda which is very nice and will cater more to people who like the extras; a full staff and chocolates on your pillows. The grounds are very beautiful, the food good but your costs will be a lot more. All West caters really to divers. They have air, rinse tanks and lockers on premise. It's less than a mile to Ocean Encounters West and the boat dives. The shore dives at both the apartments and dive shop are super. And I agree the staff is helpful and friendly. But not only at All West but here and at other places, you will not find scalding hot water but just hot enough water in the showers. The airco is sufficient and many of our guests chose to sleep with just the natural breeze. All West has balconies and a fantastic view. For the price it's a great deal and the location cannot be beat. Of course if there are other SB readers who are interested in a 3 bedroom rental please consider us. Last night there was a large get together with guests from All West and Marazul (condos in Westpunt), I joined in and the dive staff. You will find a community in Westpunt that includes the locals, the transplants like us, those working and even the tourists. What is really great is that many come for over a week, sometimes a month and they really become our friends. I had read those (old) negative reviews of All West and believe that they were expecting more out of their rooms then the country they were visiting. For the price it's quite nice. You will need to rent a car and they offer that option as well.
And of course, you can spend time with us as well :wink: The visiting Germans were here 3 afternoons to watch their team in the European Soccer Cup and a couple from Sweden will be by this afternoon. And the Celtics won last night, wahoo!
Come to Westpunt, especially if you are a diver. Email me and I'll send you my notes on the West End.
Sunshine
curacaosunshine@gmail.com
And... I'll beat Andreas to it... We saw over 30 Trigger fish and (I saw) 2 nests with eggs at Watamula yesterday. Didn't see the bat fish but it was a great dive!

Hi BKPix,

I work for All West and Ocean Encounters West. I don't know what problems might have been reported in the past, but I am absolutely confident you will spend very nice vacations with us! If you have any specific questions before arrival, just let me know: andreas@allwestcuracao.com.

For sure, the best place to eat here in Westpoint is Sunshine's restaurant - I am addicted to their pizza, but also the deserts are hard to beat :)

Best regards from Curacao
Andreas

Back
Top Bottom