Wanna Dive Hut Apartments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Been there done that.

I saw in your other post,that it's a family holyday,IMO you take a somewhat bigger hotel.
The wannadive hut is cheap, faily clean,BUT very small.

edit: AND they are garanteed to give you a bunch of FUN.

Last edited:
Hi SusieQ --

I went on my first (and only so far) trip to Bonaire this past January. We stayed at Buddy's Dive Resort. The place was great! Rental trucks were included with the reservation, a drive-up air station where you could grab as many tanks as you need for a day's diving, unlimited nitrox. There is a house reef right off the dock at the resort with TONS of sea life to see. There is a restaurant/bar on the resort with at least two others within a few minutes walk. There are condominium-type accomodations that easily sleep six people. Daily housekeeping services and excellent and friendly staff. They also have three or four charter boats if you wish to do some boat dives.

Granted, this is the only place I have ever stayed at in Bonaire but in my opinion it was AWESOME! CHeck it out and have fun in Bonaire wherever you stay!

Last edited:
Wannadive is nice, clean, but very small and "simple". Basically, beds, table, lamps. It all depends on what you want.

Do you want to be on the water or does it matter?
Do you want just a "hotel room" or would you rather an apartment with cooking facilities?
Do you want a pool?
Do you want a restaurant on site?
Do you want to be within walking distance to town?
What is your budget?

You have to remember, Bonaire is not "Americanized", so don't expect Aruba or such when you get here. Yes most do speak English, so that is not a problem, but you will need to understand that a lot of the traditions here are European, and Antillean, such as we siesta in the afternoon, and that is considered rude for wait staff to bring a check automatically, you need to ask, as well as understanding that the majority of the restaurants cook to order, so dinner can take much longer than in the states. However, if you let them know you are in a hurry, they will to their best to accommodate you.

The Wannadive Hut is a budget place.

You don't want to be there when it rains the entire week.

SusieQ,
I have stayed at the Hut 2 years in arow now, and Will probably be back again next year. It is a small affordable place, but it is clean and they have some good people there. When the ownes come up to you and reconize you the first day by name it means alot. They are good people. They were running a special for 2 weeks stay for the price of one. So that shoud help, they will probably work with you on a 3 week stay.
They are the process of changing out alot of the stuff there and updating. Thay have installed Solor hot water heaters suppling all the rooms, and they are replacing all the bedding and furniture. Now don't expect the plaza or nothing but it is good, with good people.
If you plan to cook you will need to get the 2 bedroom apartments as they have a kitchenet in them.
Mark
PS, If you need anything else send me a PM.

Thanks for all your replies so far. It sounds like Wanna Dive Hut would work well. My dad and stepmom are German, and like many Europeans are into staying at more budget oriented places compared to the All Inclusive style places that some Americans prefer(like my husband....hahaa). I have definitely stayed in way more rustic places while traveling though Latin America and love it. It's just part of the adventure, and I'd rather spend the money on other things.
I was intersted in the place because they have kitchens in the apts. and we'll do most of our cooking. We'll rent a pick up while we're there, so it doesn't matter if we're not close to town. Pool is not a must, but would be nice.
I'll check out the other links you guys posted too.
Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom