Best time of year for Bonaire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GoBlue!

Contributor
Reaction score
Am thinking of making Bonaire one of my next diving vacations. As I'm about to put in vacation request time for 2004, when would be the best time of year to go?

Jim

We've been there in the months of Sep., Oct., Mar., and April. We prefer April because of the way the winter season is here at home.
By the way "Go Blue", I have tickets for the Mich., Ohio State game in Nov. I have a son that goes to U-Mich.

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac :)

There's no bad time to be here, really. We have a near constant climate, no hurricanes. The rainy season seems to have started now, which means occasional cloudy days with even more occasional showers, that will carry on until January. September and early October are the warmest periods for lack of wind.
If you want to avoid crowds, May and June are the best times.
Anything specific you're looking for?

SharkOfBonaire once bubbled...

If you want to avoid crowds, May and June are the best times.
Anything specific you're looking for?
Thanks for the info! No, not anything specific we're looking for, but a time of year when crowds are lower would sure be nice. Thanks for the recommendation...we'll see what we can work out!

Now back to reading about places to stay, etc. :) Buddy's sure looks great ("Drive & Dive" package...)

Jim

It's hard to find a bad place to stay on Bonaire but we do like Buddy. We have stayed there the last 3 years and intend to return in 04. The staff are great. The "Drive and Dive" package comes with everything you need while on the island except for lunch and dinner. One way you can save about $100pp is to drop the boat dives from the package. we find that we much prefer to shore dive as we can go to the sites we want and set our own schedule. For the most part, you can dive the same sites as the boats from shore. The exception is Klien Bonaire, a small island a mile or so off shore. You can always add boat dives back after you get the if you change your mind. At BD, all you have to do to add a boat dive is to sign up on a board at the dive shop, the cost will be added to your room bill. If you need specific information about Bonaire, try dropping by the Bonaire Board, www.bonairetalk.com . Any and everything you need to know about Bonaire can be found there.

We stayed at Eden beach in October and really liked it also. No fufu stuff. Wannadive dive op were super! We did no boat dives as it was our first trip there--so much shore diving to do there was no need. Check out my online album for pics!

http://www.pbase.com/okiediver/bonaire_2003

We've been to Bonaire about 6 times, and really enjoy staying at Buddy's. Probably for most of the reasons already given.

BTW, to help on some of the costs, you might want to consider bringing down some frozen meat (packed in dry ice) as well as other goodies that may not be available on the island.

Do a search on Bonaire... you'll find everything already said in this thread and much more.

Bon bini,

Just booked at the Sand Dollar for Feb 14th-28th & we can't wait! My husband & I went last year same time and the weather was wonderful. I didn't want to leave. We stayed at Capt. Don's but we are taking another family along this time & planning a less expensive trip. I was pampered at Capt. Don's so we'll see how it goes at the Sand Dollar. With Rincon having parades during the first week we will be there, we thought it would be a nice time for the family with 2 kids to try out Bonaire. Any suggestions for the kids? The 10 year old will be diving the other is 7 years old.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom