Has anything changed in the last 2 years in Bonaire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jepuskar

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm going back end of this summer with the family, last time was in 2010. They use only US currency now, yes?

Anything else? Rules? Do they still allow shore diving there? :wink:

Jason

I think I read something about a new grocery store. Been a year and a half for me....

Hi Everyone,

I feel so much has changed. There is a stretch limo on island. We have folks racing to pass one another. Indeed a few new stores and restaurants. The dollar is our currency. Prices are higher BUT and here's the but..

We have the most pristine harbour. STINAPA continues to maintain the reefs and preserve our eco system. Conch is monitored and protected. The mangroves are thriving. Captain Don celebrated 50 years on Bonaire. And, still, Bonaire is the only place I really feel calm and peace. Welcome back soon, everyone.

Caribbean Wind & Sun Vacations--Bonaire Blog

$1,000 fine for laying around at dive sites in a dry suit!

If diving dry is a crime... let me be GUILTY!

WarmDry.jpg

HA, we would cause such a commotion. Look at those morons...don't they know the water is 82.

When my buddy and I were there people would come up to us in bars and restaurants... "Are you the guys who are diving dry here this week?"

:d

Back
Top Bottom