Current water temp in Bonaire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

potato cod

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can anyone please tell me the current water temp in Bonaire? Heading there this weekend and want to pack the right wetsuit. Thanks!

It was 81 degrees at one of the southern sites this past week. That was the only time I checked. We dove a 2/3 all week. Saw lots of folks in farmer johns. We have a tendency to be cold, and were fine diving to ~100'.

Enjoy your trip!

Can anyone please tell me the current water temp in Bonaire? Heading there this weekend and want to pack the right wetsuit. Thanks!

I dove the Antilla in nearby Aruba last Wednesday with a water temp of 79 degrees at a little over 50 feet of depth. We were told the temps had dropped considerably from the days before. I was fine with a 2 mm rash guard.

It has been 80 degrees on my computer for a week or so. We are finally having the "rainy season" this week it seems so temps could drop another degree with the cool rains.

Reviving an old thread.
Headed to Bonaire in 3 weeks and I was wondering if anyone knew the current water temp there.

Thanks!

I'm not sure what the water temperature is exactly right now, but I can make an educated guess what it'll be 3 weeks from now.

Seasonal water temp variation is only about 5 degrees or so. It typically varies between 26 to 29 deg. C. (79 to 84 deg F.) with November temperatures in the upper end of that range.

Here are a few links with more info:
Weather and Climate: Bonaire, Bonaire, average monthly , Rainfall (millimeter), Sunshine, Temperatures (fahrenheit), Humidity, Water Temperature, Wind Speed
NOAA Coral Reef Watch Caribbean Virtual Stations (shows water temp 30 miles west in Curacao)

The latest Coral Reef Watch data shows sea temperatures in that part of the Caribbean have been around 83 deg F for the past couple of months.

Enjoy your trip! We're looking forward to returning again in December.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom