City cafe on bonaire to close:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gypsyjim

I have an alibi
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
[h=5]Sad news from ForumBonaire on FB today. We always enjoyed meeting friends at this place.

On November 30th & after 16 years of trading, City Café Bonaire will close its doors.
In the weeks that follow, the owners will be putting on a range of different entertainment as a thank you to its loyal customers.
City Café has been a focal point for locals & tourists alike and occupies an enviable location on the waterfront. It will be sad to see it close..
www.citybonaire.com

[/h]

We ate there on our very first trip to the island and had a great meal and time.

Went back a couple of times on later trips and it was just plan bad.

We ate there on our 2012 trip and it was very good. I asked our waiter what his real job was because he was too good and attentive to be a regular employee. He was the owner. With a group as large as ours was he wanted to make sure we were well cared for and we were. Jim - I think you were with us on the 2012 dining adventure!

Yes.
We also ate there on the SB DNY trip this last July.

---------- Post added September 11th, 2013 at 01:33 PM ----------

We never had a bad meal, but they could be off a bit from one time to the next.
Always a great spot to watch people.

I went there for drinks and dinner there several years ago and both the food and the service were ghastly. Went back the next year and gave them a second chance; even worse. I am surprised they stayed in business as long as they did. Hopefully the great location will be taken over by someone who will provide better service. If I had one of their t-shirts, I'd use it to clean my dive gear with.

one of my most enchanting dinners was there. They had a woman with the voice of an angel singing. the food was good and if the service was bad I did not notice.

will try them next week also. leaving tomorrow........

I've been a few times in recent years and was generally pleased; overall a decent value & experience compared to other offerings on the island. Sorry to see them go.

Richard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom