Bamboo Bali - Jan 25-Feb 08 - must cancel due to United horrible flight, please help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saialle

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi there!

You are probably aware that United Airlines changed their flight schedule on their Bonaire flight in December.
They just advise us 10 days before we fly in! And our new flight is horrible!
We have to stay overnight in Newark on the way there AND coming back, a 21 hours trip span. Plus the extra charges.

I spent 3 hours on the phone with United, trying to get other connections. All crappy.
They finally agree to credit our flight no charges.

BUT: We have a reservation from Jan. 25th to Feb. 08 at Bamboo Bali.
They have a 21 days cancellation policy, so we are too late for that. United would have advise us earlier, that would have been a whole different story.
Anno was very nice to say they will try to rebook and if so, we'll be ok.
If you are interested by those dates, or if you know somebody how is going, please contact them. Bamboo Bali Bonaire boutique resort

I would love to go to Bonaire, but under those conditions, it's awful. Please share!

If you want to get away from the rat race and crowdedness of the other hotels, I highly recommend Bamboo Bali. We've stayed there four times and will be back for our fifth at the end of February. The grounds are gorgeous and you'll think you have the entire place to yourselves.

Try going to , onetravel.com and see whats available. Good luck.

I'm checking for other flights, will be much more expensive but with the extra charges involved with the Newark overnight, might still be worth it.
And I will have to fight to get the refund...
Atlanta is 1536$!! Houston the same...

Also look into Spirit out of Plattsburg, NY. They serve some of the Carribean.

Look into flying into Curacao instead. Short trip from there.

I'm checking for other flights, will be much more expensive but with the extra charges involved with the Newark overnight, might still be worth it.
And I will have to fight to get the refund...
Atlanta is 1536$!! Houston the same...

Newark to Bonaire nonstop is $413. for a 2 week stay January 26-Feb 9, 2014 Matrix - ITA Software and here is where I found this fare--go to United or other site to purchase...........I suggest you alter your Bamboo Bali stay by 1 day. Anno will assist if he is able. Nice place, btw!

Delta. Delta, Delta, Delta.

Never been let down, and always flys at a good time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom