Wifi Compared North of Town? (deco_martini returns in September!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deco_martini

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Been to GRI (deceased), Den Laman, Sand Dollar, etc. Wifi is always either spotty or requires slips of paper (yeah, seriously).

I just want to get in a room and connect my laptop and tablet so I can upload my pictures and browse reddit (and scubaboard of course).

So I was looking at Buddy Dive, but it has both the spotty problem and the slips of paper problem.

Is there a place north of town with decent wifi?

the entire island has lousy internet access. depends what room you get at Buddys. but it still is slow. buddy does have free wifi. you can also go for ice cream at lovers ice cream and sit in front of chat browse wifi there

Beachcomber Villas has great wifi by Bonairean standards. There's a wifi access point sitting right next to the TV in apartment #2 (against a shared wall with apartment #1.) On our last several trips I've used it to browse the web, check email, upload videos to YouTube, and make extended VOIP conference phone calls for work. There's no incremental charge or "slips of paper" required. It's a secured connection, so you'll have to provide the network SSID name and password the first time you connect. After that you're golden.

BCV is located just north of Habitat, along the oceanfront right in front of The Cliff dive site. Dive Friends Bonaire's Hamlet shop is a few doors to the north. They've got 2 apartments, with layout shown on the BCV web site. Their VRBO site only shows one of the apartments (per VRBO rules), but indicates rates and current availability.

Chat & Browse is closed.

Sand Dollar is in the process of improving its WiFi. If you have been there within the past year, you are likely able to connect to the WiFi automatically. Access has been free for a while and the access codes have not change recently.

I didn't have much problem at Bruce Bowker's Carib Inn (south of the city)... in fact, it was often better than my "high speed" Internet at home

Back
Top Bottom