In Bonaire right NOW !!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oldschoolto

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Just a fast note to all you scuba board people thinking of Bonaire.... One word.... Come.... Forget the horror stories... Only been on the Island for 5 days and we are having the time of other lives...

The diving is very good and the people are very nice... Crime ? Where ? doesn't look like people are to worried... The dive shop left 4 BC's and Regulator set out in the open after locking up for the night... They did take the valve handle for the shower though... The reefs are beat up in some spots but are growing back strong.... More fish then you can count.... From large parrot / Angles to the smallest little bennies... Yesterday we saw three turtles at the salt pier and the day before had a really cool swim with 3 spotted eagle rays.. A good amount of soft anemones... Diving does not get any easier then this if shore diving is your thing...

Well off to dive....:)

Jim...

enjoy your trip

will be there Saturday evening for 8 days

We will be arriving October 4th... feel free to kill all the lionfish before we get there. But leave the sunshine and sand, ok? And since CVChief won't be there, we shouldn't have to worry about a liquor shortage.

Lucky Duck! Glad you are having a blast!

12 dives and not one lionfish.... And I've been looking... Going to dive the Hilma Hooker wreck in the morning... I'll let you know if I find " DINNER "....

Jim...

What's the rule on shooting the Damned Bastards off Bonaire? I need to know if I should pack my spear or not...

What's the rule on shooting the Damned Bastards off Bonaire? I need to know if I should pack my spear or not...

$125 training course to qualify you to shoot LF. Then $45 for a guided LF hunt. I don't believe you can go on your own.

Piffle. I'm not paying them to watch me do something I've done hundreds of times. That would be like paying them to watch me swat mosquitos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom