Dive Accident on Klein Friday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deedeediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just read a short post on Bonaire talk about a recent dive accident. I am not sure of the details since I left Friday. I hope the diver is okay. Does anyone have any info on what happened and if the diver is alright?:depressed:

I just read a short post on Bonaire talk about a recent dive accident. I am not sure of the details since I left Friday. I hope the diver is okay. Does anyone have any info on what happened and if the diver is alright?:depressed:

We were also in Bonaire last week diving with Buddy Dive. We heard that a guy diving with Buddy Dive had a heart attack at depth, didn't make it. :depressed:

It doesn't appear that it was a dive-related incident. Information posted on the Bonaire police website indicates the victim was an 84 year old man who was snorkeling with his daughter when he suffered an apparent cardiac incident. The daughter managed to tow him to land on Klein Bonaire, where she then flagged down a nearby dive boat for assistance.

We all have an expiration date, just like almost everything in the fridge. Home last night from a week of diving in Bonaire.
At 64 I know most of the good stuff is in the rear view mirror, knocked out eleven dives and some awesome snorkeling in
Bonaire, haven't been there in seven years, love the place.... When I have to checkout, that would do. Sorry for the family's loss.

Attachments

• DSCF1645.jpg
    DSCF1645.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_6371.jpg
    IMG_6371.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_6376.jpg
    IMG_6376.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_6384.jpg
    IMG_6384.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 84
I would certainly opt for going that way - with one difference. Wouldn't want my daughter there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom