WWGuy goes to Bonaire... Again. (A lazy diver's trip report)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wwguy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Thought I should take a shot at this before gbf calls me out again. This thread is for you Brad. :D

We arrived Saturday on the Delta flight, and are staying with the always fantastic Tim & Leanne at Beachcomber Villas. We're lazy and are staying for 3 weeks, as we've done since 2009, so we didn't get around to diving until Sunday. At the end of this trip we'll mark our 25th week on Bonaire since our first visit in 1997.

We haven't found time or energy yet this trip to dive more than twice a day. (Apparently happy hour happens every damned day here.) So we've only done 4 dives in our first 2 days. We're simple shore divers and haven't been on a boat here since 2003. But somehow we've already seen seahorses, frogfish, turtles, morays, sting rays, eagle rays and other stuff like that. Personally I think that anyone who says this island is "all dove out" is full of it.

Here's the video of our first 2 dives on dive day #1. Hope you guys like it. The music is copyrighted, so you'll get better results viewing from a PC rather than tablet or phone.

[video=youtube_share;g4px342qkpk]http://youtu.be/g4px342qkpk[/video]

Very nicely done! I've been back three days and am already starting to plan the next trip!

"Not a bad start"

indeed.

For us, every trip to bonaire is the one of a lifetime, and I hope yall have one this time. How could you not at BCV?

My young daughter and I will be down in June. In the meantime, hug Leanne (and Tim, too, if you want) for me.

enjoy the sundowners, dives, and try not to get too distracted by this internet stuff - not that I don't wait anxiously on your updates.

Merry christmas

brad

They have Happy Hour in Bonaire? I must be underwater that hour! I'll have to get that info from Leanne in Febuary and check one out. But then Eric would not gets his 4 to 5 dives in each day :shocked2:

Love the video and the island philosophy! Enjoy your stay.

So when you buying your own condo/villa there?

BTW, did Leanne get her pink Eezycut knife?

Last edited:
Great video. What dive sites were you at? Did you have a picture of the frogfish on the video? Enjoy,, and yes, happy hour is hard to resist on Bonaire - cheers

DeeDee, I'm absolutely positive I recognize at least one site from the video - and even if I didn't I could make a pretty good guess:

Cliff.

Nice video dude....PBD just kicked back in from our September trip...cure = next trip in May...viz looked awesome in this vid....

Hi GB, yep, i think you are right!! I still have never seen a frogfish on bonaire! I know they exist somewhere there.

The dives sites in the first video were The Cliff and Something Special.

This video has footage from dive day #2 at Alice In Wonderland and Petri's Pillar. It includes a plastic frogfish for Brad and Dee. Lisa, Leanne is still using the yellow Eeezycut you gave her. She loves it!

Hope you all enjoy this footage. I took a different approach with the music style this time.

[video=youtube;78JYnc85XW4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78JYnc85XW4[/video]

Back
Top Bottom