Bonaire East Coast Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TinFins

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi All,
I wasn't able to find this topic discussed in length, if it has been, please direct me to the existing thread.

I am heading to Bonaire in March with my wife, both AOW, (mostly) shore divers from California and will be staying at The Dive Hut. We are wondering what the east coast of Bonaire is all about. I have read comments here and there about stronger currents, upwelling, larger pelagics, etc... but have not seen any photos or personal accounts of such. Please let me know if it is much different/better/worse than the west coast and worth a day on the boat.

If it matters, we have been to Komodo, Sipadan, Bali, Thailand, Belize, San Diego, Hawaii, Monterey, Lake Tahoe, and Mendocino and I know each dive has it's own magic. So I am not expecting schools of hammerheads in Bonaire, but if 6 days of shore diving could be broken up by a few blue dives, that might be appreciated.

Thanks!

p.s. She just got a scubapro everdry 4 and was hoping to wear it in Bonaire with just bikini underneath it, do you think that would be uncomfortably hot?

Back
Top Bottom