Bonaire Pros FYI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thook

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Something just happend that really ticked me off so I thought I'd share :D.
so I get the email fro bonaire pros...guaranteed low prices and special deals.
i see an offer for a dive a drive deal, one week with truck and stay at Belmar Apartments. Says, 2nd diver dive free. Price listed $579 per person. So.. That should come out $1158.00 for 2 for a week or $2,316 for two weeks. So I requested a quote for 2 weeks. The sent a quote for...get this...$4,239.00. That's 2,119.50 a week. So why did they quote me for $1, 923.00 OVER the advertised price?
i asked them that very question and they said the $579. Price was for 6 divers in 3 rooms. The advertisement did not in anyway say that. All it said was second dive dives free.... So FYI....pay attention and don't believe everything you read. I won't be doing business with the so called....pros....

Actually it's there... really well hidden in the fine print.. I looked at it too and thought this is a good deal. It took some careful reading before I found the catch.

"Stay at Belmar Oceanfront Apartments and BRING A BUDDY FOR FREE! Book a Drive, Dive & Stay package and every second diver will dive for free!Valid for travel between: April 26th – June 7th 2014.Book our Drive, Dive & Stay shore package from $520 p/p for the whole week (based on 6 pax in a 3-bedr. Apartment grand deluxe)"

I assume this is the deal you're talking about....

Jim

My experience has been that every time I read about a Bonaire Pros "deal" I find the same price listed elsewhere. Usually on the property's own website.

For example: Rates & Specials

It's been my experience - on Bonaire and elsewhere - that often the deals thru a dive travel agency are the same as if you book direct. They make their commission off the seller, not the buyer. I've seen the same thing on Cayman. I don't know if it's true everywhere but my experience in the Caribbean has been that rates are based on double occupancy - most have a significant single upcharge or a quad reduction.

Most of Buddy's deals are quad occupancy also if you read the fine print. I think that's just about anywhere there that actually has 2/3BR condos. Belmar is a $1800+ week property at double occupancy - one of the nicer waterfront condo complexes - actually the other Buddy shop is on-site there also. One of few condo complexes with 3BR condos also IIRC - the other being Sand Dollar.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom