water temp and vis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ss13

Registered
Reaction score
We are arriving this coming Saturday, Feb. 28. Wondering what water temp and vis is like right now.

Thanks!

I've been measuring 78 to 80F for the past two weeks. Visibility depends on the location, from 10 to 20m.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday was 79 and 80. Vis was 75 - 100 at oil slick and a little worse at buddy.

Water temp is between 79 & 80 F.. Viz varies on a daily basis. What is was a week ago has no real bearing on what it will be when you're here. Viz will vary between 60 ft to 120 ft depends on where you dive, winds, currents etc. All change on a daily basis.

Thanks to everyone who replied. We love Bonaire and are looking forward to our visit! It's gonna be good regardless…...

Hey there, my hubby on island, very very windy yesterday. HOLD on to your hat coming off the plane today :) Happy Safe Diving!!

Was there 7-21 Feb. Temp was 81-82F and visibility varied greatly with sites...more so if the wind and waves have significant effect on sandy shallow areas. Normally, vis was better in deeper areas away from sandy flats. Enjoy.

First dive today. Water 81 on my computer. Vis was a little less then usual at about 50 to 60 feet. More surge too then I am use to at the Cliff. Made the viz a little worse in sandy shallow areas.

deedee and unc,

Weather sites make it look like it's windier than usual. Is that making the northern dive sites more preferable right now?

It's been rainy, showers on and off mixed with sun. Have dove Southern sites (Sweet Dreams was our most southern) the last 3 days and except for this afternoon, I wouldn't say it's been especially windy. It was pretty brisk today though. Surf was a bit more challenging at our most southern dives but still very mild current.

North and south the currents have been variable. The strongest current that we have encountered so far oddly enough was Sunday at Bari. Next dive that same day was Witch's Hut/Weber's Joy and there was very light current.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom