best car rental agency

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LiveTheDream

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Any thoughts/recommendations on car rental agencies? Best, worst or are they all the same?

Thanks.

We use Telerin (Marcolva "Poppy" Henriquez) because, as far as I know, they are the only one that accepts AMEX.

Any thoughts/recommendations on car rental agencies? Best, worst or are they all the same?

Thanks.

Where are you staying? Most places offer a "dive and drive" package that includes truck rental. That's usually the best route... one stop shopping is just easier.

We are staying in a condo, in town.

I've heard mixed comments on various car rental agencies. I just want a decent pick-up at a fair price. Don't need fancy or special. It's a dive truck. :crazyeye::crazyeye:

We are staying in a condo, in town.

I've heard mixed comments on various car rental agencies. I just want a decent pick-up at a fair price. Don't need fancy or special. It's a dive truck. :crazyeye::crazyeye:

Who are you doing your diving through? Most dive ops also offer "dive and drive" packages.

Don't need fancy or special. It's a dive truck. :crazyeye::crazyeye:

That's what I thought. We like to stay at Caribbean Club. Apparently, they get the POS trucks and Buddy Dive keeps the newer ones. Anyway, my biggest complaint was no tailgate to sit on while gearing up (and sharp rusty edges) and the cargo net would allow small loose objects to fall through if you weren't careful. Also, the tank rack wasn't anchored down and didn't hold the tanks securely anyway. (Yes, some do.)

I'd recommend AB.

Poopy is actually Poppy. :wink:

Marcolva Henriquez (Poppy)
Cell: 599-9-5163001 (24Hrs)
Cell: 599-7886401 (24Hrs)
Office: 599-717-4108
PIN: 2871B66B
Telerin Car Rental B.V.
P.O.Box 347
telerin@bonairelive.com
marcolva@hotmail.com

Yep, my bad. That's what I get for typing too fast on an iPad. We will be renting from Poppy for the third time in Nov. Best pickup and drop off arrangement of any vehicle rental we have ever had anywhere in the world. Pickup takes maybe two minutes as someone meets you as soon as you exit the terminal, sign a piece of paper and get the keys. Drop off is about 50 feet from the terminal entrance in short term parking, leave the keys in the ashtray. We also rent a private condo so we need a separate vehicle rental.

Back
Top Bottom