Sand Dollar Resort--Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ksnooks

Registered
Reaction score
I read in another of the postings that the Sand Dollar Resort went belly-up in January. Does anyone have any info on this? If the whole resort has closed, that will be a real shame. Just a few years ago, it was where all the action was! Thanks in advance, Ksnooks in Flagstaff, Arizona

Now I can answer my own question:

Just read some of the earlier posts on this subject. Apparently, all is under control. A few of the condos were auctioned off, and the diving is being handled by others until a new dive shop can be put together. :) All of the rentals are still being handled as usual, and there has been no interruption to diving. Sorry for any excitement that this may have caused anyone. Ksnooks in Flagstaff, Arizona

we have dove with sand dollar the past several trips to bonaire. our most recent trip was january 17th through the 28th.

both sand dollar dive and sand dollar condominiums are temporarily out of business. they had an employee walk-out the thursday before we left. i was nearly finnished with my advanced certification and fish id certifications. they stuck around and completed the courses with me. wannadive bonaire temporarily took over the registered sand dollar divers. i believe i got THE very last certification card from sand dollar.

we spoke with the owner before leaving after the shop was officially closed. andre is great and has a good sense of humor about the whole thing. he is planning on reorganizing the company and opening another shop under a different name. all of the staff at sand dollar was happy for the change as well. i keep in touch with a couple of the instructors and they said they promise to let us know when the new shop is open.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom