Scuba books/TV...60's...70's...80's...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Easdem

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I grew up watching Custeau sunday mornings and a "reality show" of a diver named Shaun? She was some sort of a model that went on an expedition with a guy that looked a lot like Phil Collins...My english was not very good back then, so I dont remember many details... anyone know what the show was? and who was in it?

Also, my grandmother had a number of large books, five or six different ones that covered "undersea life", divers, expeditions etc...

I looked the same style book at borders and amazon but have struck out... anyone have any suggestions?

Yes!!! thats it... Did Al Giddings look like Phil Collins back then?

I don't know, I mostly watched Shawn...:wink:

Never heard of this one, but I'd like to see it.

Anyone know of how to get a copy?

I was watching a bit of it... Shawn certainly looked cute, Giddings, not so much. It certainly is interesting that it really predated the MTV Real Life and subsequent Reality TV craze. Take a telegenic girl and put her in a totally artificial environment and film it in a way to create artificial drama, a good 15 to 20 years a head of its time.

You might like

Sea of Dreamers--Travels with Famous Ocean Explorers by Phil Trupp
Big Coffee Table Books
Wild Ocean-America's Parks Under the Sea, Sylvia Earle (I recommend it cautiously, can't stand the author)
Lost ships of Guadalcanal by Bob Ballard (he has written wonderful, illustrated books on many of his expeditions)
Archaeology Underwater=An Atlas of the Worlds Submerged Sites by Keith Muckelroy
Beneath the Seven Seas--Adventures with the Institute of Nautical Archaeology by George Bass
Treasures of the Spanish Main-Shipwrecked Galleons of the New World by john Fine
Shipwrecks--The World's Best Dives edited by Egidio Trantino

All are on my bookshelf, don't know how many are in still in print.
Any book by Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom