The new book “Orda Cave Awareness Project”

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SnowKitty

Registered
Reaction score
cover.jpg

The new book “Orda Cave Awareness Project”

It is dedicated to the biggest underwater gypsum cave in the world. It is located near Orda village (Perm region, Russia). The book contains articles by geologists, stories about animal life of the cave, interviews with pioneers, reviews by leading experts in cave diving.

The book is illustrated with more than 100 unique underwater photos. Also the first published map of Orda cave with additions and clarifications. The work on the book took half a year, the team made more than 150 dives. All 5 kilometers of its underwater galleries were photographed.

For the first time the reader can make an exciting dive with the authors of the book and see the most remote and beautiful part of the cave.

You may see more beautiful photos from the book on site Orda Cave Awareness

Photo: Vitya Lyagushkin
s800x640

s800x640

Holy crap, that is beautiful!! Wow! I would love to get a chance to dive in there one day.
Do you know if the book is available in English, and if so, if they ship internationally?

Kristopher

I saw this on the news today. They said the water temperatures were near zero, I assume zero C? Anyway, sounds very beautiful and interesting, I may have to get the book.

You are right, the temperature there is about +5C. It differs slightly during year and never grows more then 7C.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom