Scuba Snobs Guide to Dive Et. Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cwhite6

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I bought Dennis' book last week from Amazon. With shipping it was $14.94. Being a person new to diving (one dive and start certification next week), I was looking for something else to read besides magazines. I have to say, it was a great read. Didn't take overly long to read it, but worth it. Alot of the tips are things a new person like myself would not learn until doing it wrong and getting fussed at (how to properly flip out of a small boat without smacking someone is one). Some of the tips are common sense items that I am sure folks with a good number of dives do already, but I would not have thought of. The stories where really funny and served well to illustrate a point. I highly recommend getting the book and reading it. You will enjoy it.

Last edited:
For those of you in the greater Denver area or who will be there September 23 and 24, we will be at the Colorado Dive Show and you can get this book at a special convention price of $10.00 including tax, and both Debbie and I will personalize it for you or for anyone you want!Go to coloradodiveshow.com or scubasnobs.com for details.

Not to be too commercial here, but in cotrast to the price some of you have had to pay for single copies, We have a limited supply of the books now here at the office. If you want to save a few dollars, you can call (303-880-3774) or email your number and we will call you ( dennis@scubasnobs.com ) and we will send you books, all shipping and tax included, for $11.00 each. We can take you Visa or MC over the phone only. Just want to be of service.
DivemasterDennis

from the November, 2011 issue of Undercurrent
Sport diving is laden with unspoken rules. We've published most of them over the years, but there is no single resource where the new diver, the first time liveaboard diver, or the spouse of a longtime diver can turn to find them. At least, not until now. Dennis Jacobson has been diving for nearly 15 years, his wife Debbie for 10. Hooked on diving, they've traveled extensively, they've learned the rules, and with two pair of keen eyes, they have observed too many of their fellow divers ignoring the social rules that maintain order and composure in our sport.
So they wrote and self-published a small handbook on the rules of diving, The Scuba Snobs Guide to Diving Etiquette, and are kind enough to let us publish a few excerpts. We're only quoting a few paragraphs from this fun and useful book. We suggest you order a couple of copies, and next time you encounter an idiot diver, just slip a copy into his dive bag. It may save your trip.

If you purchase the book through undercurrent.org, their profit is donated to reef preservation and conservation causes. Thanks Undercurrent!

The delightfull shall burrow into my psyche no longer and this knucklehead diver
for a multi signed prose on perspective has decided to wait no longer I shall call

Great read. My gf was psyched that I was reading a diving book that didn't involve someone dying.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom