Any good books in Kindle format

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seaswirl

Reaction score
I've been looking for some new reading material and I'm wondering if there is any good instructional reading material in Kindle format?

Haven't seen much in terms of instructional, but diving-wise there are a number of good books on NE wreck/Andrea Doria divers including Shadow Divers and Peter Hunt's book (Setting the Hook). Raising the Dead is also excellent. The only kind of instructional one I've read (also highly recommended) is Michael Ainge's Diver Down. There are overtly instructional ones but they seem very basic and/or haven't been favorably reviewed so I've taken a pass. Happy reading and safe diving!

Reactions: DDR
For fun reading and some good information from a "different" perspective, consider The Scuba Snobs' Guide to Diving Etiquette" and The Scuba Snobs Guide to Diving Etiquette BOOK 2, both available on amazon.com in kindle format. The first on is shorter yet costs more ($7.50ish) than the second one (about $5.00). Go figure.
DivemasterDennis

For fun reading and some good information from a "different" perspective, consider The Scuba Snobs' Guide to Diving Etiquette" and The Scuba Snobs Guide to Diving Etiquette BOOK 2, both available on amazon.com in kindle format. The first on is shorter yet costs more ($7.50ish) than the second one (about $5.00). Go figure.
DivemasterDennis

Any disclosures you'd like to make ? :wink:

I am trying to format my book SHIPWRECKS OF THE PHILIPPINES into epub format for kindle users, The Index of 1600 wrecks in the Philippines is in epub but not the other 200 pAGES. Anyone wanting to write a review? Tom@shipwrecks-Philippines.com

I just read Scuba America and loved all the classic pictures and ads. make sure you have kindle ap on ipad or computer to fully enjoy them in color. Historical read of the history of diving, equipment, pioneers with some fun stories and anecdotes along the way. Dry on the equipment piece (that could just be me as a female I am not into the why and how the regulator works I just want it to work great and maybe look good, too) Pricey but the pictures in it are priceless, I would love to get my hands on a hard copy.

I just read Scuba America and loved all the classic pictures and ads. make sure you have kindle ap on ipad or computer to fully enjoy them in color. Historical read of the history of diving, equipment, pioneers with some fun stories and anecdotes along the way. Dry on the equipment piece (that could just be me as a female I am not into the why and how the regulator works I just want it to work great and maybe look good, too) Pricey but the pictures in it are priceless, I would love to get my hands on a hard copy.[
/QUOTE]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Glad that you enjoyed "SCUBA America!"

The late Al Tillman and Zale Parry authored a very presentable coffee table book of the earlier days of diving. I was unaware that the "pictures and ads" were classic (?)- but all in the eye of the beholder.

I have a rather extensive resource of recreational diving books, periodicals, catalogs etc which I made available to Al & Zale during their research. As I recall I am mentioned several times in the book.

I just checked E bay --there is a signed copy of "SCUBA America" listed for $225.00--Yes, a little pricy!

About 20 years ago I organized and presented the first Diving Bibliophile gathering in the US and the second in the world. At that time all agreed that diving books were plentiful and reasonably priced but soon the shelves would be empty. And they certainly have disappeared from the market place and increased many time over in price as evidenced by SCUBA America originally listed at $50.00 now $225.00.

If you are serious about obtaining a copy at or near the list price of $50.00 there maybe one or two possible sources..If interested PM me.

There is one other book you might enjoy Eric Hanauer's "Diving Pioneers"- very little equipment but lots of interviews, and yes I am also in that book.

I am baffled at the " SGR " at the end of your name...Another new diving acronym - but what? & why?

SDM

Sheri SGR
No need to respond

I just discovered what SGR represents; "SCUBA Gear Reports." What the heck ever that is?

Maybe you should respond and educate the unformed as to just what is SGR?

sdm

Back
Top Bottom