Ben's Vortex

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shocky

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Just watched the DVD. As usual, great videography from Jill and good investigative journalism shedding light on some things I didn't know or wissed while following the story on the forums. Highly recommended.
John

Agreed. My copies arrived in the mail today. Great images in various caves including Vortex, and an insightful, though-provoking look at the topic. Well worth checking out.

Do they offer it as a download like they did the side mount video?

Never mind. I got my answer from their website.

Any comments on the quality of encoding? There's some really negative reviews on Amazon.
Not sure what those reviewers are referring to. It is possible they received a bad DVD, but the replication house we used is among the best. We issued them a full refund. Granted, it is a journalistic documentary film, and we did not always have the best conditions in which to shoot on location, but certainly on par with others of this genre. I've grabbed random DVDs from stock and checked them, and they seem ok. If anyone gets a defective DVD, please let us know, and we'll make it right.

Last edited:
Just finished watching Ben's Vortex. Like many in the cave diving community I know some of the people involved. In spite of that, I have to say I learned some new things from this documentary. I think the documentary handled all sides of the story fairly. My non-diving wife enjoyed the human interest side of the story. Personally I think this is a missing person story, not that of a missing diver. But I guess that is the purpose of the documentary...to present the information and let you decide.

Just finished watching Ben's Vortex. Like many in the cave diving community I know some of the people involved. In spite of that, I have to say I learned some new things from this documentary. I think the documentary handled all sides of the story fairly. My non-diving wife enjoyed the human interest side of the story. Personally I think this is a missing person story, not that of a missing diver. But I guess that is the purpose of the documentary...to present the information and let you decide.

I second everything Glen said. Money well spent.

Back
Top Bottom