The Scuba SNobs Guide to Diving Etiquette Book 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivemasterDennis

DivemasterDennis
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Thought I'd post the comments on Book 2 all here in one easy spot. It's available as an e book or paperback on amazon.com, bn.com and most online book stores. Also available on itunes!

---------
by Herbdb I read the Kindle edition over the weekend. Very enjoyable.
Dennis, I suspect your DW had a hand in the descriptions of some of the male offenders. Loved the story of the boarding assist.

Herb
---------

by tcdamsel Thanks for another great read, Dennis! I laughed out loud reading the chapter about the snorkelers. I was an avid snorkeler before I decided to start diving, so I really appreciated that section. The chapter about group etiquette was my favorite and I found your comments very accurate and helpful. Groups are tricky!
---------

by grahm_s I got both books on my Kindle from the Amazon store with no trouble.
Read them both in an afternoon.
While I don't necessarily agree with everything in the book, I had a good laugh throughout.
Will there be a book 3?
---------

from dive bug bit me Dennis & Debbie;

Thanks for another fun light hearted look at diving etiquette. The ability to state the truths about those irritating things we endure makes for a great read. . . . and of course we are going yes, yes that has peeved me off in the past too.

In book three a chapter on dive club ettiquette? Maybe touch on my ice diving instructor who showed me it is possible to write your initials in snow with a dry suit pee valve?

Anyway, must say it's much easier to read on the iPad so cheers for getting it into the iTunes store. Also mega cheers, it was cool to stumble on a quote from my SB post related to your first book.

Post Script: you may also want to mention that those who plan a long dive (more than an hour) on a single dive charter should aim to be in the water first. Otherwise those of us with less impressive breathing rates get to wait a long, long time for them to finish up. Read sea sick rules suddenly come into play.
-------

from SeahorseDeb Ohmygawd......I just downloaded it to my Kindle. Now I will have to skip that dive I had planned, well maybe not. I'll just turn on my tank and put my reg in.......no I will go through air too fast from LMAO. Crud, ok, curl up on the couch in my drysuit. Dang it....I will overheat. Maybe I will put my b/c on, CRUD! Forget it, I'm wasting time.....bye bye...gotta read......hope you're planning a sequel!!!! Tell your publisher and watch them smile
04.gif

--------

We will be on Scuba Radio on December 15 as part of the always cheesy Christmas program. This is the sixth month in a row we have discussed dive etiquette on the show- tune in at scubaradio.com and listen for special Christmas offers!
DivemasterDennis

In the spirit of full disclosure, I need to report that someone posted a review of the Scuba Snobs' Guide to Diving Etiquette Book 2 on amazon.co.uk calling it "rubbish." That hurt! I think each one is entitled to their own opinion, so I invite you to read it and post yours here!
Divemaster Dennis

Thought I'd even out the reviews on google books on book #1. Touchy types. There are other names I could use but nice behavior dictates I use the term "not fun". Started reading book 2 on vacation but never finished it, in fact I never read anything on that vacation. Really slowed down but the guy with the Cadillac taillight on his tank was funny, even though I'm sure his wife didn't...ouch.

Have you read the book by Gay Morse "So you want to live on an Island?" it's in a similar vein but more geared toward the trails and tribulations of running a dive op on Little Cayman. Got some hilarious parts.

Last edited:
I read your first book.
It was a very good read.
I enjoyed the chapter on how not to act when diving on a boat.
It should be a must read for any new & here, Sport Chalet divers....

Just bought the book. I'll give it a read and (maybe) review.

---------- Post added January 29th, 2013 at 11:22 AM ----------

Just finished reading it.

My review: Funny and damn good! :)

Can anyone post review of the book that they have read so that we get the idea,of what to read and what not....

It's a good, quick read that you'll finish in a day or two, and probably read a couple times a year after that!

It definitely builds off of the first book, with additional guidance and funny scenarios for each major topic or scene.

For the price (I got the Kindle version), it was a great deal!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom