"Does This Island Go To The Bottom?" A novel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric H. Pasley

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello all,

I've been a scuba instructor for over 18 years and just published a book about the 7 years I taught in the Caribbean. It's not your average scuba book. It's a story through the eyes of an instructor and I hold little back on teaching in the resort environment and stepping outside of the "blue bold face" mentality. It's a fast pace true comical read. My name is Eric Pasley and was just recently interviewed on ScubaRadio.com. The host of the show, "Greg the Divemaster," loved the book and gave it a 2 fins up.

Check it out at all major book distributers on line. Available in all formats, Kindle, Nook, eBook, ePub, in the iBook store for iPad and iPhone. And of course Paperback.

51mXrQf-KcL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_SX285_SY380_CR,0,0,285,380_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Does This Island Go To The Bottom? - FastPencil

Last edited:
Congrats on the book.

Reminds me of a question we get from visitors out here on Catalina Islands: "Can you swim under the island to the other side?"

Ahh. Now this is what I was wondering about in the other thread/poll. I could not reply though.

I will check it out. Always fun to read something new. Good luck.

Thanks James. The scuba board people had to fix it because I didn't know what I was doing!

Eric

---------- Post added March 1st, 2013 at 11:44 AM ----------

Thanks Dr. Bill. I'll be back in Cali in the next few weeks. Don't think I'll be able to make it out to Catalina this trip but I'll be crashing through the surf zone at my old stomping grounds. I think you can swim under Bird Rock . . .

[h=2]"Does This Island Go To The Bottom?" A novel[/h]Is it a novel (fiction) or autobiographical?

The description on amazon looks interesting. Looking forward to reading it.

Best of luck

Ill give it a read.

Non fiction. You can say it's an autobiography to some extent without the boring filler.

---------- Post added March 1st, 2013 at 03:32 PM ----------

Thanks Koozemani!

I really enjoy books written by the folks in the industry. I'm buying this one! My other fave is "Lost Wife, Saw Barracuda." Thanks in advance for what I know will be a great read!!

I read this book almost in its entirety and it is not for the faint of heart. Disturbing on so many levels. A rather sobering view on the scuba industry and dive 'professionals' narrated by the author.

I just finished the book on a flight back from FL to the frozen north of MN. It was a nice quick read with very good imagery. I could picture all the places and sites that Eric described in the book.

I always enjoy hero to zero escapades of the "been there, done that" divers you run into on dive boats. Eric also points out how instructors and DMs get a kick out of the new divers awe of being underwater for the first time.

Overall a solid book and good money spent.

Back
Top Bottom