Staying Alive...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doppler

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
My new book is now available via my CreateSpace eStore: https://www.createspace.com/4576566

should be on Amazon in the next few days... Expected on Kindle around the same time.

Staying Alive: Applying Risk Management to Advanced Scuba Diving
Authored by Mr Steve Lewis
Edition: First Edition

Scuba divers are dying in caves, on wrecks, and in open water. These are not explorers pushing the boundaries of the known world, and they are not scientist seeking to prove new concepts and expand our understanding of the marine environment.

These are ordinary divers. The man buying a coffee ahead of us in the morning, the woman we see walking her dog on our street. Brothers, sisters, aunts and uncles. Someone's wife of husband, mom or dad. Just regular people who are diving for the fun of it.

These deaths are tragic, life-altering, devastating, a terrible waste. Worst of all, they are totally unnecessary, a sad mistake and often completely avoidable.

In Staying Alive, Steve Lewis tells us there are very few diving accidents. Most of the heart-breaking events claiming the lives of scores of recreational divers are mistakes that result from established limits being ignored.

Lewis revisits the survival guidelines originally proposed by the legendary Sheck Exley and shows us in eight straightforward steps how simple it is for sport and technical divers to avoid becoming a statistic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations and thank you!

For those who wonder what the heck CreatSpace is... It's Amazon's printing department... only books etc. created using CreateSpace tools are available through its store... distribution is throough Amazon.

Amazon UK are advertising this in paperback as being available, for delivery this Friday ! - copy ordered, cheers Steve.

Phil

Ordered two copies yesterday. One for me and one for the GF.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Bring 'em next time we're together, Jim and I'll make them completely worthless by signing them!!!

Sitting in the Sky Lounge in Toronto on my way to Paris show and then Dusseldorf... wish I coule have taken a few copies with me, but did not work out that way.

will definitely be getting this on kindle...

read six skills last year and it was great

looking forward to this one. I've read Six Skills twice, so I need something for a break before reading it again..

Back
Top Bottom