The kickstarter project for my scuba-novel is going bezerk!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tremebundo

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am so excited! To make a long story short, I have a scuba-diving thriller written in Spanish (I am from Argentina) which has been doing very well among Spanish readers. And then on day I had this idea: what it I put it up on Kickstarter to see if I can get enough people to pre-order a copy so that I can hire a professional translator to publish it in English?

Well, the campaign went live less than 48 hours ago and has already achieved 47% funding (of a total of $3880) and was selected as a staff pick!

The novel is based on the true story of the wreck of the British warship H.M.S. Swift in 1770 in Patagonia, and its recovery more than 200 years later by a local scuba diver. So, if apart from diving you also like reading about diving, check out the campaign: http://kck.st/YBR5Im. And if you don't like reading, you can still watch the video for a laugh.

Thanks! This is awesome!

Sounds great! I love your enthusiasm and energy. Best of luck to you and it will definitely be on my reading list.

Thanks a lot, man! You're a legend. Up to 60% now!

I am not a fan of novels ..... but wish you well in your translation and promotion

Your are Argentinian living in Australia who has written a novel in Spanish about diving in Patagonia, the most southern location in Argentina ...Interesting to say the least ????? a story with in a story?

SDM

Hi Sam,

Yes, that's basically right! And just to add a few things to the mix: 1) I started writing the novel in Barcelona and finished it in Australia, 2) a part of the story is set in Newcastle, Australia and 3) the story is about a British shipwreck.

One day, after the campaign is finished and I have a bit more time, I will share with you guys the story of how I came to write this novel. That one is also a very interesting one (it a lawyer who's also the owner of a wine bar, an overseas trip and the scuba diver who found the wreck).

Cheers and thanks a lot to the ones that have supported me so far. You guys rock!

Cristian

We have reached our target and have even been selected as a Kickstarter staff pick! So, the translation is already going ahead. Man, am I happy!.
There is still two weeks to go, and my plan is to use whatever extra money I get to hire a proofreader, professional typesetter and improve the cover of the book. So, any help spreading the word is still appreciated!

If you have enough extra funding, perhaps you would have a new cover photo for the book shot. The number of dangling objects coming off the diver shown is a bit ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom