Does any other book about "emergencies" compare to Diver Down?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matthew Jones

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have read Diver Down, as well as Scuba Stories 1&2 (the latter two I'm not particularly thrilled with...they are "meh"). I dunno why but I found Diver Down so good that I went immediately looking for more just like it and wasn't able to find anything with good reviews that seemed similar. I read the reviews on the book about the father son who died trying to explore something but honestly the reviews put me off as they seemed to indicate that the book outlined a lot of their blatant mistakes but the book seemed to make them out to be good divers. Anyhow, any suggestions?

To my knowledge, there is nothing comparable to Diver Down. There are several books about diving the Doria that tell accident stories, but for the most part, they aren't very relevant to recreational divers.

Shadow Divers is worth reading, not as an accident analysis book, but as a heck of a great story.

It's not a book, if you go to the DAN site you can access the online publication of their Alert Diver Magazine. Under the DAN Mission section they frequently publish accident stories and an analysis of the mistakes made both during the dive and in response to the emergency.

Try this link: Alert Diver Online

Shadow Divers is worth reading, not as an accident analysis book, but as a heck of a great story.

I second Shadow Divers, I read it a few years ago and couldn't put it down. Wish they would make it a movie but Hollywood would probably skunk it up.

Alert diver has an incident story for almost every issue. Also the SDI/TDI online journal, I forget the name but it is free, also has incident reports from time to time in its articles.

Nope, none :D

It's not a book, if you go to the DAN site you can access the online publication of their Alert Diver Magazine. Under the DAN Mission section they frequently publish accident stories and an analysis of the mistakes made both during the dive and in response to the emergency.

BSAC also publishes their annual incudent/fatality reports on their website.

--
Sent from my Android phone
Typos are a feature, not a bug

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom