Andrea Doria '74

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Avonthediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello all I have been in search for the very hard to find book called Andrea Doria '74 why 74 is beyond me as the film came out in 1968. Any all help would be great!

Are you sure that the film was adapted from a book; I have only seen reference to the documentary film.

Are you sure that the film was adapted from a book; I have only seen reference to the documentary film.

ya I have seen this book in private collection and on overseas Website and a few times on ebay and missed it by hours lol!
I have even asked Doria King Gary Gentile and he has two copy's and it took him a bit to get his, so it's out there just really hard to come by.

ya I have seen this book in private collection and on overseas Website and a few times on ebay and missed it by hours lol!
I have even asked Doria King Gary Gentile and he has two copy's and it took him a bit to get his, so it's out there just really hard to come by.

If I see it, I'll let you know!

This site concurs there is a book and provides author/publisher info: Andrea Doria - Media
Andrea Doria '74 by Stefano Carletti.
Publisher: Gherando Casini Ed, Italy. (1968)
Expedition to the Andrea Doria to ascertain the feasibility of its recovery.
Availability Unknown.
And this site CLASSIC DIVING BOOKS - Italian says:
ANDREA DORIA - 74
Stefano Carletti
Gherardo Casini Editore. Published in 1968.
Hard cover end dust jacket, 187 pages with black and white, and colors photos.
The book is about the first Italian expedition to the wreck of the “Andrea Doria” made in 1968. Three divers, Bruno Vailati, Stefano Carletti and Al Giddings and, on the boat, Arnaldo MatteiI and Mimi Dies. The expedition made a video documentary with the same title. The book is not rare but hard to find.
How’s your Italian?

Kathy thanks for the out look.
And my Italian is almost not their so with the help of my brother in law I'll get it read!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom