"Tales From the Reef" by Brad Neat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tortuga James

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Have not read it but just ordered it after reading your post. I will let you know what I think, not that my opinion matters for anything.

Thanks for the recommendation.

I read Brad's book ... I had my son, and Dive Buddy, read the book ... I'll share it with anyone I hope to introduce to diving and recommend to seasoned verterans.

Simple fundamentals that, as in any sport, you can never get enough of ... and a fun read as well.

I'm not nearly an expert, but the beauty of this great sport is that we can always improve - get safer, smarter ... glad to have this book in my dive bag.

I recieved my copy, and quite ironically, read it in the hyperbaric chamber.

It was a fun read, and I was able to put myself in quite a few situations he describes, both as the diver making the errors in judgement, to the Captain watching them unfold and trying to mitigate the disaster.

For vacation and new divers, to the most experienced, Captain Neat points out the root causes of looming disaster in a fun and non reprimanding way, all the while you are able to sense his frustration as the Captain watching the situation unfold.

It is a quick, entertaining and fun read, and along with Michael Ange's "Diver Down", a good book for all divers to read as they become experienced and safe divers.

After all, it is learning how to derail disaster and get back on the boat breathing that makes it a successful day of diving, right?

Oh yea, and I was taking a chamber ride in the name of science, participating in the DAN Flying after Diving Study yesterday at the Duke Hyberbaric Center.

http : //fishcampstories.blogspot.com/2010/07/tales-from-reef-by-capt-brad-neat.html

Great read. Review above and some photos of Carl Gage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom