The Scuba Snobs' Guide to Diving Etiquette

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivemasterDennis

DivemasterDennis
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ok, so it's not out yet, but will be in about 3 to 4 weeks. Watch for more soon. This is a VERY funny book, filled with stories illustrating the need for rules of etiquette among divers and just what they should be. Rule cover live aboards, day boats, underwater, talking, apres dive, and more. I know. My wife and I wrote it and just approved the final galley proofs. Stand by....

DivemasterDennis

Last edited:
As a dive guide,I'm sure you will get a robust "SB review" with numerous experiences & zaney comments. Hopefully we'all are on your Xmas list with free shipping?

"living life without a hard bottom"
KT

Sounds like a good idea...congratz on finishing the book and good luck :D

ZKY: I'm guessing he meant Talking, and apres dive is after dive :D

BA

"tlaking" is a typo for talking, and that section is about when and where to give (and not give) advice, how to tell a godd story , and so on. "Apres dive," or "after diving" is about moving stuff from the boat, gear rinsing ( where and where not), and stuff like that.
DivemasterDennis

A copy of thehe book will be sent to a whole bunch of dive shops nation wide, and we hope they all stock it. There will be a web site where you can buy direct from us, ( or amazon or barnesandnoble.com as well as the publisher- just not quite yet) and I think it may be a good idea to offer free shipping to SB members. We'll figure out a secret code for that. Stand by!
DivemasterDennis

Last edited:
We are at about 2 weeks now- and the first "lauch even" will be at Underwater Phantaseas in Lakewood, Colorado. If you are in that area, watch their website, uwphantaseas.com for specific date and time this summer.

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE.

"The Scuba Snobs' Guide to Diving Etiquette" can be purchased directly from the publisher as of June 10. Go to authorhouse.com and click bookstore and then type in the name of the book. Within 30 days thereafter you can acquire it on Amazon.com and barnesandnobel.com. If you can't wait, I will have a supply to ship out on and after June 20. Call 303-936-2717 with Visa, Master Card or Discover card to buy and we will ship that same day. ( Don't freak if the receptionist answers "law office- that's us- my day/dry job. Cost including shipping and handling and tax from us - $11.00. Retail price $10.95 plus shipping amd tax, $9.95 plus shipping from publisher. E book pricing pending.
We will send out order info to 129 major dive retailers nationswide in the next 2 weeks and some may stock it. Your retailer can order it from the publisher if they don't have it yet. So get the book, read it and tell us what you think!!! Coming soon as well- scubasnobs.com. Look for it in early July.
DivemasterDennis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom