The First 130 Feet: True Stories from the Dive Deck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

offthewall1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
OK... so maybe it's not fair to post a review of your own book, but it is certainly one way to let people know it exists - and hopefully trigger some feedback on this post. I'm really looking for feedback good and bad. The book is my first writing effort.

Scubaboard Members who order direct from me will receive a FREE copy of the Companion DVD - which is not available any other way. Please mention Scubaboard when ordering to get your free DVD

The book is a collection of 21 short stories that take you on my adventures from the Inner Harbor of Baltimore to the Coral Sea in Australia. Yes, I wrote it, but I'm my own harshest critic... I believe the stories will entertain you... and that's what stories are suppose to do. Some will like my writing style, some won't. My wife and assistantr editor hates my writing style... but then again, I hate hers - so we're even.

The book is published by iUniverse and is available through many channels. It is available in three formats (Hard Cover, Soft Cover and Ebook)
iUniverse - Self Publishing Company | Book Publishers
kbdiverservices webstore - on Webstore.com
KB Diver Services

...and it will soon be available through
amazon.com
barnesand noble.com
...and various local dive stores.

If your store doesn't have it, please ask them to carry it. Thanks for your support and your future reviews!

What's on the DVD? It won't stop me from ordering I'm just curious.

I am going to buy this for sure. Thank you for referring!

I sent a PM asking him to sweeten the deal by autographing any hardcover copies ordered through his web store.

I will gladly sign any books when the purchaser requests it... I won't sign unless requested... some people might not want me writing in their books :wink:

The DVD includes video footage relating to some of the stories in the book.... as well as additional video clips of some cool underwater experiences...

Updates from the Author...

I want to thank those of you who have already purchased my book and invite those of you who have not... to do so at this time.

It is for sale a number of places now... www.amazon.com , www.barnesandnoble.com , www.books-a-million.com , www.iUniverse.com and many other fine online venues.

If you would like a signed copy, please make your purchase at www.kbdiverservices.webstore.com

I am also excited to announce that the book has been accepted into the Baltimore County (Maryland) Public Library System. This is no easy task... and I am quite proud of this accomplishment. If you think your local library may like to carry the book, please let me know and I will work to see if I can make it happen. There are not enough diving books in our libraries.

If you live in the Baltimore, MD area... the book is available at Divers Den on Harford Road in Parkville, MD.

If you own a dive shop and would like to stock copies for sale, please send me a private message and I can get you pricing. I have a 100% Guaranteed Return Policy on unsold copies. You will never be stuck with books you can't sell. Thank you for your consideration.

On a meritorius note... on December 3, 2011 the book reached as high as #11 on the Amazon Top 100 New Releases in the Water Sports category and has hovered around the 25 - 30 spot ever since.

It also reached #35,678 on the Amazon Best Sellers for Kindle List. That may seem low... but there are more than 650,000 titles for Kindle... so I'm quite pleased about it.

Thanks again for the support!

Ken

Back
Top Bottom