Setting the Hook: A Diver's Return to the Andrea Doria

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

settingthehookPete

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello all,
My latest book has just been released and I would welcome feedback and reviews. Setting the Hook is a non-fiction diving adventure that follows the history of the Andrea Doria and technical diving and takes place off NY and in the Pacific Northwest. It's available on Amazon (Kindle or Trade Paperback) and bookstores on request. For more info please check out Setting the Hook, a Diver's Return to the Andrea Doria.
- My apologies for the shameless plug.
Thanks,
Peter Hunt

For divers in the Washingon/British Columbia area: There wil be a Setting the Hook: A Diver's Return to the Andrea Doria book signing this Saturday at the Whidbey Island Dive Center in the Taco Bell/ Baskin and Robbins shopping center off State Route 20 in Oak Harbor, Whidbey Island, Washington. Come dive the Keystone Jetty and make a day of it!

The author will sign books and display Andrea Doria artifacts recovered in 1983-84 and have a continuous loop sllde show from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.

We hope to see you there!

(Future book signings already scheduled are at the Beneath the Sea Trade show in the Meadowlands stadium, NJ March 23-25 and the Tacoma Dive and Travel Expo in Tacoma, WA at the end of April)

For directions:

Whidbey Island Dive Center

www.settingthehook.org

Cool! See you at Beneath the Sea!!

Just ordered the paperback thru Amazon.

Dave

To all who give Setting the Hook a read: Thank you! I greatly appreciate all feedback, questions, and constructive criticism. I will check Scubaboard periodically, but if you would like to make contact faster, please shoot me an email: peter@settingthehook.org

Looking forward to meeting some of you in person,
Peter Hunt

I started the book today, and the narrative is definitely engaging. Like so many other small circulation books, it could have used a much better proofreader.

I am about 60 pages in. I like it.

Interesting to note how the equipment you used changes/improves with the passing of time. A good thing.

Uhmm..what did Steve do with the steet sign you left for him as a "present?"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom