Diving in Cornwall on vacation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver0001

New
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I'm going to be vacationing in Cornwall starting next week for 3 weeks.

I'm interested in diving there. I'll only be taking my mask due to prescription lenses. Maybe my computer as well. I'll need to rent everything else.

I'm a PADI instructor, technically trained, and an experienced North Sea wreck diver (30 years of experience and +/- 1500 dives). Aside from some casual bimbling around to see what it's like under water there, I'd be interested to know if there are any exceptional wrecks that area in the range up to about 45 metres (and who can get me on them).

Not interested in doing particularly deep dives with rented gear or anything over about 20-odd min deco. Suggestions for dives or shops that focus on dives within recreational limits are also more than welcome. I would be interested in going out on a RIB or from shore. Only looking for 1 or 2 days of diving max.

Any suggestions?

R..

My club did a trip earlier this year at Porthkerris, which I can highly recommend. There is a shore dive as well as the boat dives - I only did boat dives. There are wrecks as well reef dives. We only went to 25m, but I think there are deeper dives around.

Diving in Cornwall at Porthkerris -

Unhelpfully, I failed to log the names of the two wrecks we did... But the reef bimbles were very good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom