water baby

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeeves

Reaction score
hi , im moving to london in xmas from new zealand . Im a OW scuba instructor , does anyone out there know if there is much if any work there for an instructor .. I have dry suit etc .....

Aren't you going to miss a summer!! :eyebrow:

If you are looking for part time work then I am sure you can find some. There are loads of clubs in London so you really want to know where you are first. If you end up in South London/Surrey let me know and I can put you in touch with my old club/shop - they run course pretty much every week and in the winter too...

Jonathan

Don't expect much money (you knew that if you are OWSI anyway right?) but there are opportunities in the summer months. After Xmas it goes quiet until about April...
Most antipodeans in London seem to work in Irish bars - if you get a nice pint of Guiness (complete with a shamrock in the froth) it usually comes with a "you're welcome mate" or "no worries". Very Irish....

Chris

I know , but Im going to be there anyway ,, better in the water than not at all ,, plus Im from New Zealand the vis and temp will be like I never left home ( not counting the poor kights ) thanks for your comments though .... 6 months after london and Ill be in the red sea , spain or somewere warm with a cocktail but till then I must keep diving ,, Im sure there must be good diving around the area ????

Hmm what sewage ?

---

If you're in london chances are the best diving will be found off the south coast (Dover and west towards Weymouth and area) for you. Lots of WW2 wrecks and so on around that area.

Im not sure that the North Sea is quite as good vis or wreck wise but im sure someone can help you out.

You may want to post this on the divernet or bsac boards as theres more of a chance to find someone based in or near to where you are to help.

Over the winter not even the Bath-Tub Admiral, David Applin is mad enough to go out on Eclipse!!!
Most of your diving will be in either Stoney, Gildenburgh or any of the mud pits along the M4

Belushi:
Over the winter not even the Bath-Tub Admiral, David Applin is mad enough to go out on Eclipse!!!
Most of your diving will be in either Stoney, Gildenburgh or any of the mud pits along the M4

Couldn't say if Dave he runs his RIB in winter or not. It may down to the fact that many UK divers think of the winter as off season. Bit of a chicken and egg there, no divers - no charter - no diving.

Thankfully we have a 40m+ (if you want deepish) shore dive in Plymouth, so we can keep 'dive fit' without long drives to inshore pits. Hook yourself up to a Plymouth baased outfit, no reason why you should not have a w/e in the South West. Even do the Scylla when its not busy. We will also take our RIB out at short notice if the weather is up to it. We don't really have any excuse not to when only 20-30mins from good slips.

Adrian

Jeeves, dont do it............ what are you thinking...........leaving godzone for blighty?

You have it the wrong way round...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom